1.6 miles with p3s

Who's da man? YOU'RE DA MAN! Thanks, brother...

I'm very new to all of this. So in the app, I can not change distance to anything further than 500 meters. Just skimming through the posts, I read something about the remote being defaulted to CE mode. Which limits distance to 500 meters. Then someone posted screen shots from a manual stating there was a screw inside the remote. Turning it full clockwise would set it to FCC mode. I just had mine open and did not see a screw anywhere. Ugh just re read it and it's for the phantom 2 remotes. So everyone with the standard, how are they getting 1500 plus feet distance? If the app sets a limit to 1500 feet give or take.
Simple. Turn the settings off. By turning it on you are limiting yourself to 500 meters.
207e28d52605c532a18af7e6f5508aa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Us

Your in FCC mode which means your range is 1000m max stock whereas CE mode which is UK/Europe is 500m max stock

You may want to check you antenna wire inside. I got about 8k a couple weeks ago on my standard. Stock only. No windsurfer. Over water will do it as there is very very little interference. Clear video the entire way.

8000 feet, meters, 8 km? I am confused as I thought the range on the standard was about 1km

8000 feet, meters, 8 km? I am confused as I thought the range on the standard was about 1km
8000 is about 1.7 miles. If you want it in kilometers. Google it. 2.45 kilometers. Listed range and real range are 2 different things. If I used a mod I could go further.

8000 is about 1.7 miles. If you want it in kilometers. Google it. 2.45 kilometers. Listed range and real range are 2 different things. If I used a mod I could go further.

Awesome, super jealous. Have a ticket with DJI right now

For me, my record is 12600 feet with windsurfer and 9000 feet without windsurfer at attitude 200 ft. Since the drone antenna signal broadcast horizontally, you need to keep the drone as low as possible. But you also keep is high enough to avoid any obstacle in between because of 5.8ghz frequency. If I fly at 300 ft, I only got 7000 feet before RTH triggered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Cowan
7000 feet, well over a mile and absolutely out of sight. What justification could someone possibly have to take on such a dangerous flight plan???

Last edited:
Not dangerous at all. When I went 8k was over the Gulf of Mexico. The only danger is it might go for a swim. I'm not going in after it either. :)

Reactions: finalfantasyfan
Ahhhh see... ;) I thought it was over land...

Ahhhh see... ;) I thought it was over land...
I don't think flying over land is dangerous though. It is out of sight anyway even if I fly it over land at 1000 ft with my vision. But I can see what my drone see on the screen when it is out of sight. As long as I am not flying sideway/backward at long distance, I don't think it is dangerous. For long distance flight, I always fly forward and make sure no obstacle.

I don't think flying over land is dangerous though. It is out of sight anyway even if I fly it over land at 1000 ft with my vision. But I can see what my drone see on the screen when it is out of sight. As long as I am not flying sideway/backward at long distance, I don't think it is dangerous. For long distance flight, I always fly forward and make sure no obstacle.
I agree with this. I'm gonna be a total fpv flyer from now own. I can't get over the clarity of the goggles. Which I can see much better than los. But I will do los until I can't see it anymore. :)

Can't see above you, can't see below you, can't see besides you...and you guys think flying these things isn't dangerous that way? All I can say is, wow. Not trying to be a jerk or Mr. Morality or anything, I just don't think it should be something that is common practice/advocated.

Can't see above you, can't see below you, can't see besides you...and you guys think flying these things isn't dangerous that way? All I can say is, wow. Not trying to be a jerk or Mr. Morality or anything, I just don't think it should be something that is common practice/advocated.
It's more about your comfort level and personal preference. The Advanced and Pro are designed for over a mile out. The P4 is rated at over 3 miles. The results for the Standard vary widely but even at the rated 1Km (3280 feet) it's out of the visual range. If you know your surroundings and are comfortable, fly it. If not, don't. A crash can happen even if you are watching it. One wrong move and, splat. No one I've met here is trying to lose hundreds of dollars in equipment and take on a liability headache. But that's just my off-topic opinion.

Now, let's get back to sharing how to squeeze the most out of our machines!

I've just made one, not from your template, God knows if it will work.

Attachments

• 1457645392607.jpg
    1457645392607.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 284

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues