Mile Club

But you do have a mod compared to the rest in this thread tricky..Lightbridge .
James your 2.4 antenna panels are on the side's not the back .When I push mine I will lose FPV sometimes when I yaw around to return .
But I get it back quick .
What do you mean about mods?? I only have a DIY paper and tinfoil windsurfer for my P3s?

Read my post James..was telling tricky he did as he has an Adv.
You posted as I was typing so I just answered you also about where your 2.4 panels were . :)

Reactions: SZNJ732
You posted as I was typing so I just answered you also about where your 2.4 panels were . :)
Ahhh sorry! Speed read it :/

Yeah I thought they where running down the back legs of the phantom and the wifi panels are in just above the sticks on the remote

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ahhh sorry! Speed read it :/

Yeah I thought they where running down the back legs of the phantom and the wifi panels are in just above the sticks on the remote

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
5.8's are down the skids and if you look in your battery box you can see the 2.4 panels
and their are 2 panels for 2.4 above your sticks .
And I knew you had just not read it right :)

There's is no way to guess Mike but only try and see . Everyone seems to get different results depending on lot's of variables .
What your getting where your at I bet the only thing that will hold you back is your battery .I might be wrong
But Time Will Tell :)
Thanks for the response, dirkclod. Any idea on the delivery time for the ITE panel? I can't wait to install!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the response, dirkclod. Any idea on the delivery time for the ITE panel? I can't wait to install!
Not sure where your at Mike but mine only took a few days .

Reactions: Mike's Bird
They are made in Poland but shipped from FL.
Well it came late last week so my Sunday project was installation. I tried to use RG174 cables from the board directly to the antenna but it was just too cumbersome and every movement of cable outside the controller translated to some slight movement inside. I went back to the traditional cable installation (but with the heavier gauge cable).
CIMG0074.JPG

The payoff? Goes with full control out as far as I'm willing to take the battery for a safe return. Maiden flight... 13370 feet. I took it very slow and easy - never exceeded 21mph.
Screenshot_2016-03-14-18-30-33.png

Thank you all for the invaluable information learned here.

Thanks, dirkclod, you had a great deal to do with my success. Great advice from several threads. I did deviate a bit and used the GB liquid electric tape to secure the interior cables.

Thanks, dirkclod, you had a great deal to do with my success. Great advice from several threads. I did deviate a bit and used the GB liquid electric tape to secure the interior cables.
I need to look into that . I've just never used but what I had .

Aha! Now it makes sense.. The placement of wifi panels inside the bird. Thanks for that info, very useful!
When i test for distance and begin to lose FPV signal and my wifi signal drops to no bars, i usually turn about 90*degrees left, with camera pointing West <= (drone's left side facing me & controller), and i pick up 1-2 bars & the video feed comes back.
I knew it had something to do with the antenna placement on the bird, but i just wasn't sure how and which antenna.
I just looked inside the bat compartment again, and saw that the wifi panels are facing West/East.
Its kinda odd that DJI wouldn't put one of the panels on the back of the drone, since most of us fly with camera pointing away from remote (making panels face left/right and away from remote signal).

Im thinking about doing some birdside mods..
Do you by any chance know, when installing bird side 2.4 dipoles, do i have to remove the camera gimbal? Or can it be accomplished by just removing the top shell and drilling some holes.
Or is it a good idea to add the 5.8 anyway if i get it opened? i usually lose FPV way before 5.9 signal, because of wifi interference... some advice would be greatly appreciated.

after i started messing with the mods, its kinda hard to stop lol...
I need more distance!!! :)
Im going for the all time record of:
OneMil.jpg

Reactions: CornPopper
I finally made the club. Just barely, but my P3S with the DBS mod did daddy proud.
DBS01 mile club.JPG

I finally made the club. Just barely, but my P3S with the DBS mod did daddy proud.View attachment 48253
Good flight Tech :)
Im thinking about doing some birdside mods..
Do you by any chance know, when installing bird side 2.4 dipoles, do i have to remove the camera gimbal? Or can it be accomplished by just removing the top shell and drilling some holes.
Or is it a good idea to add the 5.8 anyway if i get it opened? i usually lose FPV way before 5.9 signal, because of wifi interference... some advice would be greatly appreciated.

after i started messing with the mods, its kinda hard to stop lol...
I need more distance!!! :)
Im going for the all time record of:
View attachment 47186
Sorry I just seen this buddy .
Yes you have to unplug the main cable and lower it .2.4's are here A2.png ( not my picture there ) Those covers are held in place by 2 screws on the other side .
Your 5.8's are here IMG_1713.JPG Is not hard but you do have to be careful and just take your time .
It is addicting . Has had me 2 years doing mods .:)
Ya need to ask me anything hit me like this @dirkclod and will see the flag .

Reactions: SZNJ732
Good flight Tech :)

Sorry I just seen this buddy .
Yes you have to unplug the main cable and lower it .2.4's are here View attachment 48254 ( not my picture there ) Those covers are held in place by 2 screws on the other side .
Your 5.8's are here View attachment 48255 Is not hard but you do have to be careful and just take your time .
It is addicting . Has had me 2 years doing mods .:)
Ya need to ask me anything hit me like this @dirkclod and will see the flag .

Great, thank you!! And you already answered most of my questions in another thread. I think i got all the info i need to get started :) Time to spend some moneeyy!...
I just finished updating my firmware btw. I seems like the update did improve the signal strength/quality a little.. i did a quick test flight over my neighborhood, and got to about 9400' in the direction where i usually get weak signal at 7000-8000', so i feels like something is different.. Idk gotta do some more tests. Go figure, all this time i thought signal/range problems were mostly related to hardware issues (bad connections, wires, messed up boards & antennas etc), but know its seems it could have something to do with the firmware setup.. i dunno, weird.. :confused:

You did the latest firmware ..I've been holding off to be sure it didn't cause me to lose any distance .
And if I answered in another thread ya see where my head is at...lost :) duh

You did the latest firmware ..I've been holding off to be sure it didn't cause me to lose any distance .
And if I answered in another thread ya see where my head is at...lost :) duh

Ha.. i bet with 8,356 Messages and replies its not hard to get lost in all the alert flags you probably get lol...
But yeah, i did the latest FW update, so far everything seems good, def did not see any loss of distance. it was quite the opposite actually, had good signal all the way thru my flight over my rough, wifi infested neighborhood. Obviously gotta do more test to make sure its real and im not imagining things. but so far so good...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl