Micro SD card worked...but only for 15 seconds. Go figure.

Reaction score
Just a quick note in case anyone else might run into this weird experience with a micro SD card
I was using an older 64GB Sandisk micro SD card in the P4P. I had used it quite a lot in previous drones with GoPros and it might have even served time in my phone before that. Well, while actually working yesterday (I do real estate photography and offer aerials for the nicer, bigger places), and trying to get the promised aerial video, suddenly the recording stopped. I start it again and it stopped. In fact, every time I started to record video, with either Litche or DJIGo, it would stop in about 15 seconds. It would work with all the stills I wanted to shoot but video would only run about 15 sec. Figured it was firmware as both apps recently updated.

I just happen to think to check the card before coming here to beg for help. I put in a new card and all is well. I easily ran a 2 min test with the new card with no problems.

In all the years I've had of using various cards in various devices, I have never had a situation where a card worked "a little". Guess there are always new experiences with electronics.

Just a quick note in case anyone else might run into this weird experience with a micro SD card
I was using an older 64GB Sandisk micro SD card in the P4P. I had used it quite a lot in previous drones with GoPros and it might have even served time in my phone before that. Well, while actually working yesterday (I do real estate photography and offer aerials for the nicer, bigger places), and trying to get the promised aerial video, suddenly the recording stopped. I start it again and it stopped. In fact, every time I started to record video, with either Litche or DJIGo, it would stop in about 15 seconds. It would work with all the stills I wanted to shoot but video would only run about 15 sec. Figured it was firmware as both apps recently updated.

I just happen to think to check the card before coming here to beg for help. I put in a new card and all is well. I easily ran a 2 min test with the new card with no problems.

In all the years I've had of using various cards in various devices, I have never had a situation where a card worked "a little". Guess there are always new experiences with electronics.

I had the same problem a few months ago. I found out that for 4K video you need a Class 10 U-3 speed. I was using a class 10 U-1 speed. The U-1 is fine for jpgs or RAW images but you need a U-3 speed for 4K to record smoothy and continuously. I has used the U-1 with my Phantom 3 Pro without a problem but the Phantom 4 Pro records at 100mbs vs 60mps for the Phantom 3 Pro.

clear the cache in the app and reduce it to 2GB - that can help resolve this issue

What likely happened is that you deleted files or reformatted the SD on your computer rather than in the bird through the app. Doing so doesn't properly reset some of thecpartition pointers so the on board processor thinks that the card is full or nearly so. Put the card in the bird and reformat using an app (either Go or litchi) and see if that clears up the problem.

If your PC is not updating filesystem pointers then you've got bigger issues than a P4P not taking pictures.....

Reactions: andy_k
Thx, but just for a little update, the bad card was the proper kind, I wasn't shooting in 4K anyway, and it was working fine up until yesterday and, though I left all my settings the same and simply put in a different card (that I used to backup my cell and I didn't even format it in the bird), everything then worked fine. I've solved my problem and just wanted to suggest that, should you have a similar problem, before you panic and think your camera is bad or something, try a different card. If that doesn't work, which it did for me, then maybe all these learned suggestions should be considered. But, remember what Mr. Spock said: “When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” A bad card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers