Metal prop enhancement ?

Reaction score
I decided to buy these just for the colour and also loved the idea that it's metal on the inside...on further research through the net I am now getting mixed messages. Some like them and have no problems while others are saying it dkesnt grip that well and can spin off if you slow the drone really fast with quick braking. Any feedback on this would be great. Not wanting to risk my P3A for the sake of a bright coloured props [emoji4]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

29c395001214ae08f98172500659a1b6.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not a good idea to use props with metal hubs on a P3. Stick with OEM DJI P3 props. You can find some different colors here. Another option would be to dye your white props with Rit dye -- like this:

Reactions: Suhail78
The metal hub props are for the Phantom 2 series, the plastic hubs are for Phantom 3 series. You should never use the wrong props. The plastic his were specifically made for the 3 series since the quad uses the motors to help stop the quad in GPS mode.

There are many threads here of members who have dyed their props, I have even dyed a TX & shell.

You (or anyone) may think they are stronger with metal bits, they may be. BUT if there were stronger then if they were to hit something the energy of the collision would be transferred to somewhere else (as they may not break), to the motor maybe or its mountings or what have you.

Just a thought, most things are as strong as their weakest link, in most cases it's designed that way for a reason (probably or possibly by chance luck good or bad :fearscream::innocent::smiley:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel