Is there A Phantom 4 Without 'Horizon Tilt' Problem?

If somebody notice and point on tilting in your footage you can always say that earth curving was strong on that specific location you filmed on. :p

d195c05ef028a7eef6c9c4767bc648f2.jpg
this my most recent photo. I've owned my P4 since aug 16,2017. Never noticed gimble tilt

No wonder you have no issues, yours is -5 months old!

Reactions: Phantom-Paul
My P4 does not have the horizon tilt, however, I have a different problem. The camera is always looking slightly to the left, making it very hard to fly a straight line using FPV for very long if the subject is close, such as a roof line. Do any of you know how to correct this one?

You can't correct this yourself (was possible with P3) as internal mechanical adjustment needed. You might want submit case to repair center providing picture or video as evidence but well known case.

You can't correct this yourself (was possible with P3) as internal mechanical adjustment needed. You might want submit case to repair center providing picture or video as evidence but well known case.
Thank you for the quick reply.

I get frustrated with this issue too... I always assume it is when I use my ND filters but it seems to randomly happen. Other times when I do a gimbal auto calibration etc then it'll be fine. Here's one of the last pictures I took.

6c5e44ed09188b9ddd3f08102e64d883.jpg

What exactly is the problem with this pic (besides the low-light conditions)?

One thing I will say...(My pic was a captcha from a video btw)...I am happy with my non-tilt P4, I am NOT in denial, lucky? For sure! ;)

I have done an IMU calibration, I have done a few Compass calibrations. I have never done a Gimbal calibration and I don't think I will.... I am now too scared to upset the Apple cart (as it were :D)

What exactly is the problem with this pic (besides the low-light conditions)?

That's after the gimbal calibration etc. If I hadn't done it, it would have been really off. And in regards to the low light condition, I was trying to get a sunset picture :) Beginner at photography here so I'm working on it! Doing what I can to teach myself. I also had to adjust the horizon tilt in Adobe Photoshop a bit to get it to look as straight as it is, which in turn, crops the picture a bit.

That's after the gimbal calibration etc. If I hadn't done it, it would have been really off. And in regards to the low light condition, I was trying to get a sunset picture :) Beginner at photography here so I'm working on it! Doing what I can to teach myself. I also had to adjust the horizon tilt in Adobe Photoshop a bit to get it to look as straight as it is, which in turn, crops the picture a bit.

Gotchya!

I didn't mean any disrespect in regards to the low-light conditions. I too am very much a noob when it comes to drones and filming with them.

Shooting in low-light conditions has always been the challenge for any equipment I've ever owned. I pretty much gave up on it.:confounded:

As far as the gimbal tilt that people are having, I must be one of the lucky ones as well. With the exception of last weekends windy conditions, I haven't had these issues yet (knock on wood).

Gotchya!

I didn't mean any disrespect in regards to the low-light conditions....

As far as the gimbal tilt that people are having, I must be one of the lucky ones as well. With the exception of last weekends windy conditions, I haven't had these issues yet (knock on wood).

Nah no offense taken, just wanted to explain more in detail about the picture [emoji39] It was my first attempt at a sunset and it happened to be a horizon picture lol. I did have to adjust it more in Photoshop for it to look as straight as it does, (but it wasn't THAT drastic of a difference anyway) and usually when I go fly my drone I have to do the gimbal calibration which is kinda annoying. Also, I see you've gone to the dark side as I have. We Black P4 owners gotta stick together lol [emoji846] Glad you're not having gimbal issues. Mine is minimal but noticeable at times.

Like most here I have the same just not to bad. Easy to deal with now that I know I have it. Bought last September. One question for all I was flying and had camera looking straight down filming and camera went past the down position and kind of started back up. I could not get it to return to normal. Landed powered down all is well. Calibrated all seems ok any one else have this trouble

Nah no offense taken, just wanted to explain more in detail about the picture [emoji39] It was my first attempt at a sunset and it happened to be a horizon picture lol. I did have to adjust it more in Photoshop for it to look as straight as it does, (but it wasn't THAT drastic of a difference anyway) and usually when I go fly my drone I have to do the gimbal calibration which is kinda annoying. Also, I see you've gone to the dark side as I have. We Black P4 owners gotta stick together lol [emoji846] Glad you're not having gimbal issues. Mine is minimal but noticeable at times.

The black drones are so much easier to see in sunny or cloudy skies.

The only setback with our "limited edition" models is that DJI doesn't have replacement "black" landing skids available. What a farce!:mad:

I have one that is cracking at the mount.

They should have named it "limited additions"....

I have found a seller out east that carry them (without the little covers), but at $25.00 + shipping per side, I'll try dying some white ones when need be..

Now back to our regularly schedule program....Gimbal Tilt;)

Have you tried running your P4 to, say, 300ft and the rotate it 360°; then replay your vide comparing the horizon tilt angle in all directions?

I corrected by P3P this way.....

Determine which way you'd need to tilt the Phantom in order to correct the camera if the camera did not move. That is, if the camera was locked and could not move, what way would you need to tilt the Phantom to correct the camera tilt. Use this information to prop up one side of the Phantom accordingly. Now do a gimbal calibration. The tilt of the Phantom (not level) will compensate for the incorrect Gimbal setting. The trick is, which way you need to tilt the Phantom. I can't rememeber if its the same way or the opposite in order to compensate. I _think_ its the opposite way. Once you know the correct direction you may need to do this a few times to get the camera level.

You are basically "tricking" the Gimbal leveling process to compensate for camera being off.
Has anyone else tried this on a p4? Does it ? Which way do we tilt the p4?

Got my P4P the 3rd week in January. Another lucky one, I guess...No horizon tilt and the camera is perfectly centered.

Thanks for feedbacks guys, but I have to mention this vid is not from me but Youtube channel NeverMindYourOwn.

Cool guy doing experiments with Phantom 4 so you might want have a look and find more stuff of interest.

Anybody else with empty "gimbal status" ? How come I dont have status on that one?

IMG_4262.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor