Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I'm waiting for you guys to determine the antenna with best range best bang for the buck. You know what we all want , the best all round antenna. Some good minds at work here.. I remember when the battery mod was to try and get 25 minutes of flight time. And now I think it is at 40 minutes.
Just think where this thread will be in 2 weeks. ???

You guys think these panels would look okay plastidipped? Original Solid Colors
Ohhh yeaaaahhh... i love that stuff and use a lot of it...good thing if you dont like it jyst peel it off..i dont it will affect the signal either

I think to be fair we should wait and see some test results from these cheap antennas before slamming a company with proven results. just saying...

Reactions: Procharged97
I think to be fair we should wait and see some test results from these cheap antennas before slamming a company with proven results. just saying...
I agree I'm attempting a diy, should be near enough identical but there's some things that I know at the moment I can't test so if it comes to precision tuning then I'm screwed.
Is it wrong that someone charges what they do if you gotta spend alot on tools and have knowledge to do it in the first place.
Also as a business you have overheads etc that you have to cover so not all income is profits.

This whole thread was started to put two great antennas up against each other, it's already been established that both Horizon and DBS have built incredible antennas that have taken this hobby to new levels! I think it's fair to say that everybody here has a lot of respect for those two products

This whole thread was started to put two great antennas up against each other, it's already been established that both Horizon and DBS have built incredible antennas that have taken this hobby to new levels! I think it's fair to say that everybody here has a lot of respect for those two products

I totally agree! Since most of us enjoy modifying our birds more than flying them, we have a huge thirst to see what makes it tick inside :)

I agree. But where do we draw the line. I don't mind paying for a good product ,but I want my moneys worth. I think Max and Terminator both have a good product. But Max is priced more in line with the technology. Time will tell in this case. Right now it is Chines against the others. And some in between.
Let the test begin??

I agree. But where do we draw the line. I don't mind paying for a good product ,but I want my moneys worth. I think Max and Terminator both have a good product. But Max is priced more in line with the technology. Time will tell in this case. Right now it is Chines against the others. And some in between.
Let the test begin??
Maxwell You draw the line with your wallet

Reactions: seb evans
Maxwell You draw the line with your wallet
For one thing the prices will come down probably on both these panels, they're new and exciting and the company has to start somewhere. Most people don't want to look around on eBay for products they want to hear that something works pay for it and be happy. For that reason there is no reason to slam either of these companies for the price of their antennas

The way I think of it is if you want it and can't afford it, make it!!
If it's more than what you want to pay and can't find it cheaper, make it!!
If you can't make it or your version is lesser then that's why they are charging the amount they do.

Just took a P3P out 60,000 feet and back with the maxxrange Boosted with full bars the entire trip. I don't want to make a big deal about it because it was something I was testing( big batteries/ no camera) i'm having trouble locating my flight log to make HD report (missing logs is an issue I've been having lately with my go app) I do have screenshots of the full bars at 60,000 feet though, I'm only sharing this because I wanted people to know that the maxxrange boosted is perfect for that kind of distance[emoji41]
Added:
Dropbox - Any dirty bum can fly without a camera

Last edited:
Hey dB, have you done any more runs with the Term unboosted on the Standard?

Hey dB, have you done any more runs with the Term unboosted on the Standard?
Nope, I was just commenting on my "standard" thread how I haven't flown the standard in about two weeks! I've been running these tests with P3P/A, so that's been consuming my spare time and waiting on spring weather to cooperate. But so far with both antennas I've
1. Went boosted/unboosted 8-11 milesand back
2. Took terminator boosted 19.5 miles one-way
3. Took both of them lower altitudes over city streets & downtowns
4. Took both of them unboosted out two miles over suburban houses with houses completely blocking my signal 500 feet in front of me.
5. Took both of them unboosted w/ houses completely blocking my signal out a mile and drop them down into a city park til they was about 60 to 80 feet off the ground.

So I think I've done about all the testing I can do with these two antennas to prove their abilities on the P3P/A.
And it's time to get back over to the standard and put it through the ringer.

Reactions: Procharged97
Looking forward to see more tests with standard!

Just took a P3P out 60,000 feet and back with the maxxrange Boosted with full bars the entire trip. I don't want to make a big deal about it because it was something I was testing( big batteries/ no camera) i'm having trouble locating my flight log to make HD report (missing logs is an issue I've been having lately with my go app) I do have screenshots of the full bars at 60,000 feet though, I'm only sharing this because I wanted people to know that the maxxrange boosted is perfect for that kind of distance[emoji41]
Added:
Dropbox - Any dirty bum can fly without a camera
Will that answers my one question . on your mod with the batteries. I have seen it with and with out the reg battery. So you're flying with 3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT