Maxx UAV omni range?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally fitted my Maxx UAV boosted Elite kit. Haven't had the chance to take it out into the open, but initial short range tests in my urban backyard suggest a decent boost (2700k ft vs 900). I am dropping video still but have a nice strong RC signal, and considering I could barely move in this environment before, I'm hopeful once that once I get out of the city, I'll see good results. So I think installation was a success.

Quick question though - I have a pair of TP Link omnis that MAxx UAV Eu supplied with the kit, which I havent tried yet. I'm wondering how their performance compares to the stock antennas? Better? Worse? The same?

Would be good to know before I go on trip what I can expect from them. Hoping Jake or someone else with knowledge on the matter can help out.

Okay - thanks -although those aren't the antennas I was shipped by Maxx UAV EU (these are black). Perhaps they changed what they were shipping?

Does anyone know of a pair of third party omnis that compare or even exceed the capabilities of the stock antennas?

I think they are the ones that come with the amps. You won't be using those as your hooking your amps to the Maxxuav antenna. The amps original design was to boost wifi in houses.

No, I get that. But when I'm not using my Maxx UAV setup (traveling etc.) I'd like to know I have a pair of omnis that I can chuck on that will deliver similar performance to the ones I tore out.

You might want to email Jake and ask him. He usually responds quickly.. I don't break mine apart so don't use any other antennas.

Reactions: jsposito
I've got a pair of 9dbi Omni's here that are probably just about what you have there and I can tell little to no difference between these and the stock antennas that came on the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj