Itelite with amps and maxx range antenna question??

I'm told that turning on the RC without the antenna connected, securely, it doesn't take long to blow the RF circuit. A loose connector could potentially cause this ....

Does anyone have any real info on this? I ask because it would be unlikely that a system that is as well engineered as the DJI comm link would fail to have a 'foldback' circuit that shut down the output in case of a bad antenna. It's possible - the DJI engineers are assuming a closed system that is never unplugged but good engineering would have you develop for the possibility that one antenna got pulled off or whatever.

Bad/broken cable in the TX from twisting on and of cables...happened to me. Check the MMCX to RP-SMA female cables from your kit..open that remote up!

Reactions: Tripc and dirtybum
I'll open up tonight

let me first say what a great guy Jake at Maxx UAV is to do business with. From here on out if I need it and he sells it, I'm buying it from him! I emailed him last week about the issue I was having and I ordered new long cables to try to resolve the issue I was having. Same as Trip. Always white led on receive side of the amp, could not go out 4000 without losing HD. Well when my wires came today guess what Jake included in the box.....a new amp! Well, I tested it first with the old amp but with new cables and the same result. I switched the amp out and guess what? Strong signal! I looked down at first and the amp was white but every now and then it blinks blue (receiving I guess). But, problem solved! Now, when I first was trying to troubleshoot the issue I switched sides with the amps and I was just looking for a blue led. Maybe I should have spent more time flying. But I lucked out switching the right side with the new amp and I just went out 10000 just as a quick test and could have went who knows how far. It's been a long time since I dealt with a company that treats its customers like Jake does. He stands behind every product he sells. He doesn't know me, yet he sends me a new amp. Unreal! Btw, I bought the amp from the classifieds here from someone that bought it from Jake. Still did what he did.. Trip, if the wires look ok when you look inside, I know you said he was sending you one as well. Know that you will get it fixed soon. Jake will make sure of it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
let me first say what a great guy Jake at Maxx UAV is to do business with. From here on out if I need it and he sells it, I'm buying it from him! I emailed him last week about the issue I was having and I ordered new long cables to try to resolve the issue I was having. Same as Trip. Always white led on receive side of the amp, could not go out 4000 without losing HD. Well when my wires came today guess what Jake included in the box.....a new amp! Well, I tested it first with the old amp but with new cables and the same result. I switched the amp out and guess what? Strong signal! I looked down at first and the amp was white but every now and then it blinks blue (receiving I guess). But, problem solved! Now, when I first was trying to troubleshoot the issue I switched sides with the amps and I was just looking for a blue led. Maybe I should have spent more time flying. But I lucked out switching the right side with the new amp and I just went out 10000 just as a quick test and could have went who knows how far. It's been a long time since I dealt with a company that treats its customers like Jake does. He stands behind every product he sells. He doesn't know me, yet he sends me a new amp. Unreal! Btw, I bought the amp from the classifieds here from someone that bought it from Jake. Still did what he did.. Trip, if the wires look ok when you look inside, I know you said he was sending you one as well. Know that you will get it fixed soon. Jake will make sure of it!

Jake seems like a stand up guy. Hopefully the problem will get fixed with the new amp. I still want to know what is making do what it's foing. Got to be something wrong if more then 1 person is having same problems

I guess mine was just a bad amp. I bought it from the classifieds here so who knows how long is was like that, you know. I am just glad it's fixed. I know what you are going through. I was trying everything. You'll get it right.

Hey Masterblaster what you going to do with the bad amp!?!?!

From everything I've read Jake does have good customer service skills, and he aims to please, and that part of them has made him very popular here! I know every conversation I have had with him he's very responsive. But I need to point something out! I've yet to hear of any company that you guys speak of that has had more products needing replaced or returned than the products maxxuav sends out! And yes it's mostly just cables but not all, I've heard of people returning their DBS products as well. It's a dang good thing that Jake is so responsive and responsible to his customers. I have never purchased anything from Jake for this reason alone. And I love a company with great customer service, but I love even more a company with products that I know are going to work the first time & a long time[emoji41]

Reactions: Procharged97
From everything I've read Jake does have good customer service skills, and he aims to please, and that part of them has made him very popular here! I know every conversation I have had with him he's very responsive. But I need to point something out! I've yet to hear of any company that you guys speak of that has had more products needing replaced or returned than the products maxxuav sends out! And yes it's mostly just cables but not all, I've heard of people returning their DBS products as well. It's a dang good thing that Jake is so responsive and responsible to his customers. I have never purchased anything from Jake for this reason alone. And I love a company with great customer service, but I love even more a company with products that I know are going to work the first time & a long time[emoji41]

And if you went by everything you read on the forums we wouldn't own Phantoms, would we ;)
Remember, I didn't even buy my amps from him. I'm just happy I have the issue solved and hope Trip gets his resolved soon.

And if you went by everything you read on the forums we wouldn't own Phantoms, would we ;)

But you probably read my posts enough to know that I try just about everything, and yes you can't believe everything you read, but you yourself are sending stuff back right. Enough said. A lot of people have had to send cables back and a few others have sent other products back.

What's really strange is you stated the left side isn't blinking normal. The left side is not the video antenna, and you're having issues with video range. The right side antenna is the receiver antenna for the video, and you said the right side amp is blinking normal as expected. By chance, is it possible you could have crossed the internal antenna wires inside during the install?

The left and right orientations I am referring to are with the RC facing you, as if you are using the RC, just to confirm.

On mine left side is video downlink so it will be as he stated.
I had same issue but maybe different cause. Mine was solved with amp close to antenna.

But you probably read my posts enough to know that I try just about everything, and yes you can't believe everything you read, but you yourself are sending stuff back right. Enough said. A lot of people have had to send cables back and a few others have sent other products back.

I have not sent anything back that I have bought from Jake. Never had anything go bad that I have bought from him, and I have bought more than my wife knows :)
Remember, I bought my amps from the classifieds here. I should have just bought them from Jake. Would have saved me the troubles I have had and money. Oh well, next time. DB, thanks for your insight when I PM'd you. Much appreciated!

Maybe as it is very difficult to troubleshoot it is easier for Jake to send out replacements. I would venture as a lot of these installs from Maxxuav are user installs, there is more user error issues than not and Jake is looking to customer satisfaction over just profit.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Maybe as it is very difficult to troubleshoot it is easier for Jake to send out replacements. I would venture as a lot of these installs from Maxxuav are user installs, there is more user error issues than not and Jake is looking to customer satisfaction over just profit.

Yeah you're probably right Alta! A large portion of it is probably mistakes made by the installer. And that's why Jake's a rockstar on here, because he don't ask questions or give a fuss, he just replaces it[emoji41]

Opened up the controller. Un-installed everything and then re-installed it. Looking at all connectors and wires. Everything looked fine. Still left side only shines white. Will have to wait for my new amp pack to get here and try that

Jake doesn't make the cables or amps so if they are bad it's the suppliers fault, not Jake's. Jake has better customer service than all of the other vendors combined! Most of these problems are end user installation related. Saying that the majority of people that buy something from MaxxUav receive something defective is absurd.

The MaxxUav Evolight Kit paired with a DBS Maxxxrange antenna is the best setup out [emoji41]

Opened up the controller. Un-installed everything and then re-installed it. Looking at all connectors and wires. Everything looked fine. Still left side only shines white. Will have to wait for my new amp pack to get here and try that

Hey Trip, did you attempt to fly it or just turn it on in the house?
I ask because even with my new amp next to the turned on drone, mine is white. If I go down a few floors in my house to where I was losing connection and then turn the amps on I would get a very slight, fast blinking blue.
Or go attempt to fly it some distance. That's when mine starts going blue.
Good luck!
Let us know when you get your new amp.

Reactions: dirtybum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers