Itelite with amps and maxx range antenna question??

Reaction score
I started with a itelite antenna. Got good range but wanted more. So then I ordered Maxx Uav evo kit with the usb battery and 2 sunhan amp packs. Hooked everything up and got even better range. Everything working good. Got out to a little over 20k feet.. always wanting more I ordered the Maxx range (Big) antenna from DBS. Went to install it and test out. But I noticed my left side amp pack was only shinning white light and not with the rapid blinking blue light letting me know signal was going thru. Right side seemed fine with both white and blue lights. Took it for a spin and my range was pretty poor on the downing side. Thought maybe it was the Maxx range antenna so I swapped out with the itelite antenna and now the same thing. Only white light on the left down link side and white and blue on the right side.
Where should I start. I was flying earlier today no range problems at all before I installed the maxx range antenna

Sounds to me like your left side amp isn't working correctly. Right? Either it's not getting a signal or it's not amping the signal.

Sounds to me like your left side amp isn't working correctly. Right? Either it's not getting a signal or it's not amping the signal.
I'll try to switch them??

Swapped them and still the same.

Attachments

• 20160628_215305.jpg
    20160628_215305.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 605
  • 20160628_215255.jpg
    20160628_215255.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 594
Have you checked all the cable ends to make sure pins are not bent?
Will check that for sure. I think there all good, but will double check...

Cables look good. Might have to pop the controller open and make sure there's no loose wires in there

Cables look good. Might have to pop the controller open and make sure there's no loose wires in there
I noticed on mine when I unscrew and screwed the cables to the remote it would start turning the inside cables because the original washers that hold the posts were too small and wouldn't let me tighten the nuts around the posts. A few other members have had the same issue. Jake from maxxuav has since, sent me bigger washers and now the nuts and the posts are solid so unscrewing the outside cables and screwing them back on, now does not have a twisting effect on the internal cables, which had caused fraying at the solder joints.
I hope I explained myself well enough for you to see what was happening to my setup and maybe it's the cause of your problem too!

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
Hi there,
this subject has been written about in my earlier thread "weird antenna..." and in Jeremhias thread flying from inside the house on the later pages. We had same or similar issues. If u sawp amps and same problem its obviously not the amps. Left side is downlink some RCs. If you got bad cable, long cable or bad antenna you will get white light only. Note, that u can overload input of RC on return and blow the RC pre amp as well. Also I wouldn't start the bird 2 meters of a 3W booster...
check the other two threads. Lots of info there. Hope it helps.

Hi there,
this subject has been written about in my earlier thread "weird antenna..." and in Jeremhias thread flying from inside the house on the later pages. We had same or similar issues. If u sawp amps and same problem its obviously not the amps. Left side is downlink some RCs. If you got bad cable, long cable or bad antenna you will get white light only. Note, that u can overload input of RC on return and blow the RC pre amp as well. Also I wouldn't start the bird 2 meters of a 3W booster...
check the other two threads. Lots of info there. Hope it helps.
So what should I try or look for. Did anybody come up with a solution

swap amps.
if same issue check cable. look at my thread "weird antenna..". I used another linger cable to the antenna. Due to the dampening (no lmr400) of the cable the signal wasn't strong enough to trigger blue light. Downlink amp should be close to the antenna.

So what should I try or look for. Did anybody come up with a solution
If you have an Immersion RF meter or have a friend with one, I suggest you measure the output of the left side (when looking at the front of the RC), which is the control side for the craft. The right antenna side receives the video from the craft. Compare the output of the left side with another identical RC and you can determine if the RF circuit is blown.
I'm told that turning on the RC without the antenna connected, securely, it doesn't take long to blow the RF circuit. A loose connector could potentially cause this, which is one reason I've procrastinated to install my maxx antenna, but it's really lack of time to just sit down to get-r-done. You've got to be very diligent about confirming ALL cables are tight and secure.

Last edited:
swap amps.
if same issue check cable. look at my thread "weird antenna..". I used another linger cable to the antenna. Due to the dampening (no lmr400) of the cable the signal wasn't strong enough to trigger blue light. Downlink amp should be close to the antenna.
Im not running any length cable. Just the standard itelite set up. I swapped cables from blue side to white and still no difference.
I'm pretty dang careful about the connections before powering on rc. Jake at Maxx UAV is sending out another amp. Great customer service. Hopefully it fixes the problem

Im not running any length cable. Just the standard itelite set up. I swapped cables from blue side to white and still no difference.
I'm pretty dang careful about the connections before powering on rc. Jake at Maxx UAV is sending out another amp. Great customer service. Hopefully it fixes the problem

If I send you some PayPal money for shipping will you send me your amp, because there's nothing wrong with that amp? Message me

what happened when you swapped the amps? And: Blue light for me coming only if there is some wifi signal to amplify. With the P4 off it could be white but I think you mentioned you were flying ...
ya.- great service. Hope it is the solution.

I have the same exact issue. I already replaced the cables in the RC and still no blue.
I have new cables coming in today for outside the RC. I'll let you know if it resolves the issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the same exact issue. I already replaced the cables in the RC and still no blue.
I have new cables coming in today for outside the RC. I'll let you know if it resolves the issue.

Are these results on your kitchen table, or have you seen if it's the same with your aircraft 2000 feet out?

Are these results on your kitchen table, or have you seen if it's the same with your aircraft 2000 feet out?
When I noticed it not going blue. I took off for a flight. Same area I got over 20k with 1 day prior. This time bad video signal at about 4k feet. So I turned around a knew there was a problem

Please keep me informed about your findings. Thx

When I noticed it not going blue. I took off for a flight. Same area I got over 20k with 1 day prior. This time bad video signal at about 4k feet. So I turned around a knew there was a problem
What's really strange is you stated the left side isn't blinking normal. The left side is not the video antenna, and you're having issues with video range. The right side antenna is the receiver antenna for the video, and you said the right side amp is blinking normal as expected. By chance, is it possible you could have crossed the internal antenna wires inside during the install?

The left and right orientations I am referring to are with the RC facing you, as if you are using the RC, just to confirm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl