Phantom 4 with maxx range and Evolite

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'm having problems with my evolite booster (evolite kit). When I have the evolite hooked up with the maxx range, I cant get past 500 ft without losing HD and controller signal. When I just have the maxx range hooked up, I get really good max range flights. I'm at a lost of what could be wrong, everything is contacted per the instructions on the Maxx UAV site, but something definitely wrong! One thing I have noticed is that one of the amplifiers lights is blue and the other is white, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have a email in to Jake but have not heard back from him. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Sounds like 1 of the amps are either malfunctioning or not connected properly. They should be blue when transmitter is on

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I would expect Jake has gotten back to you by now and all is resolved but if not...

The amp which is not showing blue when the remote is powered sounds like the problem.

I would expect Jake has gotten back to you by now and all is resolved but if not...

The amp which is not showing blue when the remote is powered sounds like the problem.

Uhhh no, after two emails still have not heard from him.

Took it out this morning, trying to figure it out, and realized that i'm not getting any HD signal at all (it shows an HD signal) but there are no "auto" signals (channels) jumping around or customs. nothing (completely blank). unhooked it, and just had the maxx range antenna hooked up and everything was normal, channels jumping around. actually beat my personal best with just the maxx range, going 10k feet. Obviously i'm upset that thing aint working, not to mention no reply from jake. Had it since October 23rd and I immediately knew something wasn't right. After one email from him in the beginning (asking if I had it set on custom channel), then advising "no" that didn't, and advising him that one amp was blue and the other was white; I never heard back from him. don't think that's cool.

Sounds like 1 bad amp. I'm sure Jake will be in touch. He is usually very responsive.

Had a problem with his e-mails going to the junk folder. I've contacted him and we'll get it taken care of :)

What's the furthest anyone has gone using this......? This seems pretty neat....
I've heard 7 miles. I did almost 3 on Saturday. Had to turn around because I was at the point of no return battery wise. Just made it back with 13%. I don't see how those 7 mile flights are done with one battery

Samsung S7 Edge

I've heard 7 miles. I did almost 3 on Saturday. Had to turn around because I was at the point of no return battery wise. Just made it back with 13%. I don't see how those 7 mile flights are done with one battery

Samsung S7 Edge

Wow, Does this work even with interference in the way? Like buildings and such......? Or is this "Line of sight" no interference type thing....?

rge, I just sent my two amps in to have tested. I also had one blue and one white. Were you able to reach out to a long distance with both amps working?
Thanks for your feedback!

With both amps working and no trees/interference, the battery was the limitation. I went out as far as 4.5 miles but did not have enough to make it back Landed about 1.25 miles short. Took a while to find but found it with no damage. In my local vicinity which has lots of trees, I get out about 2 miles before losing signal

Wow! That's great news. Today, I flew without both amps, just the Maxx antenna only. I was able to get out there only 1 mile. It was better that 400 feet the other day with the amps connected. I am excited to try two good amps to see how well I can get the entire kit to work.
Thanks for the response rge!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik