Maxx UAV DJI - EvoLite Kit Extreme

Reaction score
Sands Township, Marquette County, Michigan
I am looking to upgrade my Remote Controller for my Phantom 4 Pro +. I live in the UP of Michigan and it densely forested (600 to 700 trees per acre) in the area where I live, which presents a problem for drone flying. I started a thread regarding Drone World and there range extending product, but I didn't get any positive feedback. One of the posters mentioned Maxx UAV products, so I visited their website and saw they have a range extending upgrade - (DJI - EvoLite Kit Extreme). Has anyone had any experience with this?

I had one simerlar to this on my p4 and it did increase the range some.
you will have to disassemble your controller to mount this unit.

The Maxx products are solid performers. They appear to be a very professional vendor, IMHO.
I have the static version of their antenna (no amplification) on my P3. That more than doubled the range.

I went with the Titan Cyclone, as I can swap the antenna from one RC to another,saving a bit of cash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Titan Drones, Inc.

The 4hawks is the only dual frequency antenna I know that can access both 2.4 and 5.8ghz

RaptorSR for DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone

Actually they will install it for $100.

The person who runs it is reliable and good. If you ship the remote out, you'll have it back in perfect running condition in about 7 days.

And, no mistakes or errors. The install is fairly straight forward but one mistake and your out a bunch of money. DJI won't warranty a remote that got damaged caused you hacked the case.

I am afraid you may not get too much more distance with them. As densely Forrester as your area is, nothing is going to be able to penetrate that many trees. You may gain some in winter when the leaves are gone but I doubt you will get much otherwise.
JMHO

I did the modification myself, tested the process on my Spark controller first, there are a few risky areas in the process , short ribbon cables from the stick input circuit board can be ripped out if you don't unhook them first. Otherwise very straight forward with all the right splugging tools.

I am planning to use one Titan Cyclone antenna with Spark, Mavic and P4P

Not really looking for super range, just strong signal and transmission strength

titan mod 1.jpg
titan mod 2.jpg

I did the modification myself, tested the process on my Spark controller first, there are a few risky areas in the process , short ribbon cables from the stick input circuit board can be ripped out if you don't unhook them first. Otherwise very straight forward with all the right splugging tools.

I am planning to use one Titan Cyclone antenna with Spark, Mavic and P4P

Not really looking for super range, just strong signal and transmission strength

View attachment 90058 View attachment 90059

Sounds like a good plan. I only have one drone, but if I were to upgrade, perhaps I could the setup with the new drone. So how has it worked for you?

Sounds like a good plan. I only have one drone, but if I were to upgrade, perhaps I could the setup with the new drone. So how has it worked for you?

The Cyclone and the Atlas antenna are in transit, but the modded Spark RC works with the spark without any rabbit ears

I'm waiting for a performance report. Keep us posted on your findings.

My RC should arrive at Titan on Tuesday and I should have it back a week from Monday. Unfortunately we have had 8 " of snow in the last 2 days and next week promises more of the same so apparently my flight will be shorter and I will have to get a little lucky with the timing when there is no snow falling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.