EvoLite Kit Extreme from Maxx-UAV assembly and use help needed

Reaction score
Hi,

First I hope this is the right place to post this, I don't see a specific area for boosters or antenna modifications.
I just received my EvoLite Kit Extreme (Phantom 4 Pro V2.0) from Maxx UAV with Jake doing a great job with the controller mod, with a quick turnaround.
Unfortunately it's just a collection of parts with no instructions on how to assemble the kit, use/charge/maintain the pieces.
I found info on how to do the controller mod (which I had Jake do) but nothing on how to assemble the unit or the requirements of the batteries or anything about usage.
I have reached out to Jake but since I have a tight window to evaluate the product (15 days from the shipment date 12/8) and I am traveling this Friday for 2 weeks I am looking for input from current users to pull it all together ASAP. (and I cannot fly so it's making me a little nuts not being able to put the antena and booster through its paces.)
Does anyone here know of any resources that I might use to get this assembled so I can fly and see what kind or range improvement I am getting from this considerable investment.
Thanks in advance!
G
EvoKit.jpg
EvoKit.jpg

The kit is pretty self explanatory except the one piece (the white piece of plastic about 4 1/2 “ with the notches) that slips over the supplied bracket and locks it to the underside of your controller ( it keeps the bracket from falling off from the weight of the panel antenna)
Black cables go from remote to bottom of amp , white cables from top of amp to panel ), charge up the battery supplied with unit ( small plug)and plug in the usb to battery pack before flying , the green light of the amp should be on
IMG_0091.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg

Last edited:
The kit is pretty self explanatory except the one piece (the white piece of plastic about 4 1/2 “ with the notches) that slips over the supplied bracket and locks it to the underside of your controller ( it keeps the bracket from falling off from the weight of the panel antenna)
Black cables go from remote to bottom of amp , white cables from top of amp to panel ), charge up the battery supplied with unit ( small plug)and plug in the usb to battery pack before flying

Thanks much for the reply!
Funny I thought that long thin piece sas some scrap that was accidentally included, thanks for clearing that up.
From your pix I can see how it attaches, and I assume that the top of the unit is defined by how it sits on the controller.
My concern was hooking up the wire backwards and frying something.
More questions-
How long can I expect the battery to last?
If the battery runs out will an un-boosted signal still be txd/rcd ?
How has the unit worked for you?

Thanks again!

G

Last edited:
Thanks much for the reply!
Funny I thought that long thin piece sas some scrap that was accidentally included, thanks for clearing that up.
From your pix I can see how it attaches, and I assume that the top of the unit is defined by how it sits on the controller.
My concern was hooking up the wire backwards and frying something.
More questions-
How long can I expect the battery to last?
If the battery runs out will an un-boosted signal still be txd/rcd ?
How has the unit worked for you?

Thanks again!

G

You have nothing to fear regarding the battery I believe I seen somewhere it’s good for 50 + flights , if you forget to plug in the USB from the amp to the battery you’ll get less than 1000 ft away and get a n “ aircraft disconnect “ pop-up ,check that the green light is on I launched a couple times and it wasn’t on ,
I also picked up the small screw on type antennas from Jake for when you don’t need the big panel ( they look like OEM antennas)
Gone are the days of crappy reception , I’m only limited in distance by the stock battery in the copter , my best outbound distance to date is 26,300 ft , the only reason I didn’t continue was because of battery concerns not signal reception, a neck lanyard will come in handy if your standing around , it gets heavy after a few battery’s ... Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: PointGeorge
Great, Battery charged and antenna assembled and installed, you must be better at puzzles than me because without the pix I could not have assembled it.
That little piece I thought was trash, that locks it all together, is really clever.
Very nice build on the "printed" components that hold it all together.
Went to see if it was paired to my Phantom and it still was, guess Jake didn't test it our with a flight. I connected it without plunging in the booster and it still connected so I guess signal does go through even if boosters are off as you mentioned.
Off hand do you know if having the drone in close proximity to the controller with the boosters on can do any damage? (yep I'm a little paranoid)
I ordered the smaller screw on antenna at the same time but haven't receive them, and no reply from to Jake as to where they are.
26,000 is sick. I don't trust the tech enough yet to even think about that kind of distance.
I'm going to get a friend to be a spotter and try to do a distance test when it gets warmer and I'm more trusting of the drone. For now will be very happy to not loose signal in a congested environment even with LOS.
Thanks again!
G

Great, Battery charged and antenna assembled and installed, you must be better at puzzles than me because without the pix I could not have assembled it.
That little piece I thought was trash, that locks it all together, is really clever.
Very nice build on the "printed" components that hold it all together.
Went to see if it was paired to my Phantom and it still was, guess Jake didn't test it our with a flight. I connected it without plunging in the booster and it still connected so I guess signal does go through even if boosters are off as you mentioned.
Off hand do you know if having the drone in close proximity to the controller with the boosters on can do any damage? (yep I'm a little paranoid)
I ordered the smaller screw on antenna at the same time but haven't receive them, and no reply from to Jake as to where they are.
26,000 is sick. I don't trust the tech enough yet to even think about that kind of distance.
I'm going to get a friend to be a spotter and try to do a distance test when it gets warmer and I'm more trusting of the drone. For now will be very happy to not loose signal in a congested environment even with LOS.
Thanks again!
G

I actually didn’t figure out what that piece was for I asked Jake and he explained what it was , I actually bought the XR antenna first and that piece is not included with it ( it should be because the included bracket is not strong without it) I added the amps a few months later and discovered that piece .
I’m not qualified to answer the proximity question (Jake would know)but just a tip I found that instead of pointing the antenna upwards I found it better to point it parallel with the ground YMMV.
I totally understand about not trusting the tech but that’ll soon change if you were having reception issues, spotters a good idea if you live in a location like that , I’d love to be able to have someone several miles away just to do one-way long distance flights , ( you got me thinking now [emoji851][emoji851]). Enjoy..[emoji869][emoji869]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4