Mavic Pro Crashes into Atlantic Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but you posted first time here asking for monetary donation for your own noob's mistake? Not some kind of scam? That's just not on. I have reported to the mod to delete this thread.

Reactions: pomonabill220
But, it's so entertaining :) You don't think anyone is actually going to donate, do you?

Don't know what is more unabashed: after a "few flights" testing the four mile range - something reserved for only a VERY experienced pilot or whining about it and setting up a --- wait for it --- a GoFundMe page for your own stupidity?

Took some serious balls to pull this -- when I looked there was zip -- as it should be.

[emoji53]

Crap I've got a new p4p and scared to take it 800ft let alone 4 miles [emoji23][emoji23]

I've been feeling pretty guilty lately about having bought the P4P - totally stressed out that I won't have the money I'm going to need for the P5 when it come out. How does this GoFundMe thing work?

So sorry I been flying remote control for years that's the downside and we all have to pay a price and crash lesson learned

This happens every once in a while. I see it on fpvlab and rcgroups from time to time. The last one a guy decided that, in addition to his full time job, he wanted to pursue an aerial photography career, so he wanted everyone to buy an inspire for him. It was quite amusing.

Reactions: macoman and Easy-V
So I purchased a DJI Mavic Pro on Friday. I got it for vacation with my daughters and wife at the beach. I took a number of flights. I decided to test the 4 mile range. I was super pumped as I hit four miles, but on the return flight, the wind picked up and... the drone crash landed about a half mile offshore. As you can imagine, I have yet to tell my wife the $1000 drone crashed in the ocean because of my stupidity, I am hoping to avoid that conversation with your support.

Here is a link to a gofundme if you see a video of me recounting the depressing story.

Click here to support DJI Mavic Pro Crashes into Ocean organized by Jordan Urness
So let me get this straight. You are an idiot and you want us to help buy you a new mavic so you can lie to your wife? Why not man up and tell your wife how much of an idiot you really are and that because of that you dropped a grand in the ocean. I'm sure she is aware that your an idiot but just let her know YOU know as well. I have better thug to donate to. God luck idiot!

He should sell the controller and that way he only has to tell his wife he dumped $800 in the ocean

I'm curious to how much airtime this guy's had before he bought a big gun. I mean, I flew POV for two years before buying a P3A. And I really appreciated the difference in how to fly. I think the hype around the Mavic (or the P series for that matter) is such that beginners don't understand the phrase "point of no return". Unfortunately, our friend learned the meaning of that just a tad too late.

Consider this an expensive lesson and move on.....(and get insurance!...it's out there)

Reactions: DanaK6JQ
So I purchased a DJI Mavic Pro on Friday. I got it for vacation with my daughters and wife at the beach. I took a number of flights. I decided to test the 4 mile range. I was super pumped as I hit four miles, but on the return flight, the wind picked up and... the drone crash landed about a half mile offshore. As you can imagine, I have yet to tell my wife the $1000 drone crashed in the ocean because of my stupidity, I am hoping to avoid that conversation with your support.

Here is a link to a gofundme if you see a video of me recounting the depressing story.

Click here to support DJI Mavic Pro Crashes into Ocean organized by Jordan Urness
You're kidding right? I have a conquer amplified antenna on my Phantom 4 and the best I can do is about 2.5 miles before I get a message to return to home. It is not a signal issue, but a battery issue. If I flew 4 miles out in the Atlantic, there is no way I could RTH. If I'm not mistaken my Phantom 4 has a longer battery life than your Mavic. I went to your video all I saw was you telling the story no video of the flight. But seriously you did a go fund me to get others to pay for your Mavic? Really?

Not to mention the FAA rules require us to maintain visual sight of our drone at all times. I can't imagine you can still see your drone from 4 miles away.

I have 20/15 vision and lose mine at about 3700 ft (7/10 of a mile). At that point, I'm straining my eyes so much that I start seeing floaters which, of course, makes it even harder to see.

We should cut the guy a break for the accident. Most of us did really dumb things in the first few days; it's hard to understand the consequences of our actions because there really isn't any other hobby like drone flying where you can cause so much damage without ever getting out of your seat. He really is lucky his first mistake only cost him his Mavic.

The lack of accountability to his wife and the GoFundMe page though...wow. Ridicule away on those.

To DRONEDEPRESSED
I am a very new Phantom 3S pilot and I have a lot of trouble believing your story and I wanted you to know that. With what we now know about you, the issue of possibly brainless is dead. Your willingness to disregard most if not all contexts of logic in this matter is nothing short of idiotic behavior in light of your education. Ergo, this post is a farce and waste of my time as I am looking for genuinely sincere information on this great hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT