Mavic Pro Crashes into Atlantic Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased a DJI Mavic Pro on Friday. I got it for vacation with my daughters and wife at the beach. I took a number of flights. I decided to test the 4 mile range. I was super pumped as I hit four miles, but on the return flight, the wind picked up and... the drone crash landed about a half mile offshore. As you can imagine, I have yet to tell my wife the $1000 drone crashed in the ocean because of my stupidity, I am hoping to avoid that conversation with your support.

Here is a link to a gofundme if you see a video of me recounting the depressing story.

Click here to support DJI Mavic Pro Crashes into Ocean organized by Jordan Urness

Seriously? Go fund yourself... ;0)

So many things wrong with all of this...

giphy.gif

Yes I just flew my P3S into the car in my driveway. Sure I could get the car fixed but I'd have to tell me wife. So it is easier for me to just get an exact duplicate of the original car. Could you spare a few dollars?

Yes I just flew my P3S into the car in my driveway. Sure I could get the car fixed but I'd have to tell me wife. So it is easier for me to just get an exact duplicate of the original car. Could you spare a few dollars?
I'm writing the check now. I'll add a little extra in case you want to replace it with a Bentley. ;)

Dronedepressed, I hear you, BUT....

I noticed that your post requesting financial help was your first posting on this forum. Take the time to read about 300-400 +++ other postings on this forum before even considering to purchase a replacement drone.

How could you fly out over the Atlantic Ocean, even for 1 mile, without taking into consideration that you had a tail wind. I mean...come on....those flags behind you are screaming........NOooooooooo

Too little altitude and/or too far will get you every time ....
-----(your) MOTHER NATURE

Reactions: AirMan05446
I would be embarrassed to even think about asking for money due to my own stupidity and trust me, I have done some dumb ship in my past!

Reactions: pomonabill220
Can I just ask for a new Mav cause I want one? Sheesh

At first I was wondering why everyone was giving OP such a hard time, then I scrolled back up and read the end of his post... :neutral: please don't judge my whole generation on this dude.

Unbelievable. If you can't afford to crash your drone you shouldn't have purchased it in the first place. 2 things to plan on when you get into this hobby. Plan on loosing it or crashing it so you don't feel horrible about it. Comes with the hobby. I haven't had it happen to me yet but I try to avoid it with my checklist.
Or he would have purchased a phantom 3 standard, cost 500 dollars less and if he crashed it, will not feel to deep in your pocket.

"I love you all..."
"Don't go out 4 miles..."

SmH

Wow man. Just deal with it and go on. And don't put something out there someplace you are not willing to lose. I am sure you understand that now. Hard lesson and good luck.

Probably noted somewhere upstream on the thread, but the youtube video is on line, he was a long way from the shoreline when the battery finally gave up.

The fact that I might lose or crash mine really keeps me from enjoying mine.I'm always afraid of going too far or whatever.Just recently heard about the State Farm drone insurance and am in the process of getting it today,hopefully this will let me enjoy mine more.,OP should have bought the insurance:(

In any direction you wish to fly long range, your first step should be to get to the desired altitude, then fly full throttle in the direction you intend to fly - if your speed is more than the max listed speed of the aircraft (indicating you have a tail wind) fly your long range mission in the opposite direction or cut it in half and fly in the same direction. Common sense, to me at least.

Not to mention the FAA rules require us to maintain visual sight of our drone at all times. I can't imagine you can still see your drone from 4 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4