Mavic Air 2 fell from sky into lake

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,I'm new to drones but have gotten the hang of things. My drone had less than 5 hours of flight time. Today I launched to take so quick video and photos of a marina. I was flying in normal mode at 21m up and 40m away doing a quick shot. Once I pressed the stick to exit quick shot mode the drone went into its normal hover, and in less than a few seconds, it took a nosedive right into the water. I was not able to retrieve it. I looked at the flight record, and right before it took its dive, the error "Maximum Power Load Reached" flashed. I launched at 84%, and the flight was less than two minutes. I do not know what to do. Sorry for the typos. I'm just a bit frustrated that this would happen.

I looked at the flight record, and right before it took its dive, the error "Maximum Power Load Reached" flashed. I launched at 84%, and the flight was less than two minutes. I do not know what to do.
Posting the flight would be a good place to start.
Someone might be able to work out what happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Posting the flight would be a good place to start.
Someone might be able to work out what happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file

Hi everyone ,I'm new to drones but have gotten the hang of things. My drone had less than 5 hours of flight time. Today I launched to take so quick video and photos of a marina. I was flying in normal mode at 21m up and 40m away doing a quick shot. Once I pressed the stick to exit quick shot mode the drone went into its normal hover, and in less than a few seconds, it took a nosedive right into the water. I was not able to retrieve it. I looked at the flight record, and right before it took its dive, the error "Maximum Power Load Reached" flashed. I launched at 84%, and the flight was less than two minutes. I do not know what to do. Sorry for the typos. I'm just a bit frustrated that this would happen.
I think most of us have been there and feel your pain. You fly you crash , rebuild and fly again trying to avoid the mistakes made in the past only to discover new mistakes. Murphy's Law # 623.
I bought a used P3P , flew it 36 times ( according to the logs ) then I was hovering at 267' and I see the red lights go off and my P3P falling like a brick to the concrete. Of course I broke the Fajesus out of the gimble , when I opened the shell I noticed the previous owner did not know how to solder. There was a thick blob of what appeared to be a cold solder joint that connected the ground to the main board. Also finished rebuilding after a month , and having severe withdrawals it is also complete plus many extras.
Before that I had a P2V , and being a total noob , I did not set and gps , and took it up at night in high wind and it drifted out a remote range only to fly to who knows where .

• Sad
Reactions: Falcon900
*Following to see if OP ever post flight data*

Reactions: Tony McDrone
I recall hearing something about the props. If they don't get folded properly they get bent out of shape. This causes the A/C to work real hard to compensate.

Another story of taking off without a fully charged battery. This always invites surprises and often disaster. Sorry to hear of your loss.

OP Ever post flight log? Any photos of drone condition (Someone above mentioned bent props causing an issue, which is 100% a concern)?

OP Ever post flight log? Any photos of drone condition (Someone above mentioned bent props causing an issue, which is 100% a concern)?
The OP hasn't been back since shortly after posting.
They haven't seen any of the replies here and can't be very interested in getting assistance.

Reactions: Tony McDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic