How best to trade from P3A to Mavic Air ?

Reaction score
Hi,

Since I first saw one I have loved and still do love the Phantom type drones and in August of 2017 finally bought a refurbished P3A:

Not knowing some of the specifics I calibrated the compass incorrectly which resulted in flying it into a tree branch on the third flight. So after much looking and asking around sent it off to:

hoping it would be about an $80 repair. But of course no and in the end had to get a new body for the drone and new camera and it ended up being a $350 repair. Then is was back to as good as when I first got it and I never hit anything else with it again. I probably didn't fly it over 50 times if that and when it got close to winter I ran the batteries down to less than 50% and put everything away in the carry case to store until later. I still haven't brought it all back to life again though because it turns out to be larger than I want to deal with so now I'd like to sell it and get a smaller drone that will fold up and be easier to store and carry from place to place like a Mavic.

I'd like to sell the drone, 2 batteries, 2 charging systems, the controller and a carry case and put the money towards buying a Mavic Air with at least one battery, charger and controller. Unless it would be possible to trade with someone and save a step or two trying to sell it. This isn't the classifieds forum but I'm hoping someone will help me learn things like how to find out what to ask for the equipment I'd like to sell. Also more specific things like whether or not it would be better to bring the whole rig back to functioning condition again charging the batts and controller and flying the drone again, or would it be better to leave that to a person who knows more about this type of equipment and knows how to bring it back up the way they feel is best, and maybe/probably be ready to do whatever upgrades have come available since I shut it all down over a year ago.

Thank you for any advice on the best way to proceed with this,

David Harrison
Buford, GA USA

Not sure how much you "ran" the batteries below 50%, but I'd worry about them if you ran them below 30%. It's best to let them auto discharge to 60% for storage. Fly it at least once every 60 days to ensure the batteries are not degradating by comparing cell voltages at full charge as well as at 30%. You'll definitely need to demonstrate the craft flies normal if you sell it, you've got to fly it to confirm. I would ask to see the battery cell health and the number of charges registered, if I was interested, so be prepared for that.

Reactions: grin factor
I have the P3A and don’t use it that much due to its size and transporting it around. I thought about the Air, but decided to get a spark instead. It’s great, small, easy to carry etc.
I’m keeping the phantom for longer flights etc.

Not sure how much you "ran" the batteries below 50%, but I'd worry about them if you ran them below 30%. It's best to let them auto discharge to 60% for storage. Fly it at least once every 60 days to ensure the batteries are not degradating by comparing cell voltages at full charge as well as at 30%. You'll definitely need to demonstrate the craft flies normal if you sell it, you've got to fly it to confirm. I would ask to see the battery cell health and the number of charges registered, if I was interested, so be prepared for that.
Maybe it was 60%. I went by whatever explanations I was going by and it may well have been 60% instead of 50. I remember flying the drone until it registered whatever the target was. I charged both of them and the controller and they all said they got a full charge. How to see the battery cell health and the number of charges registered?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj