Map Pilot P4P Crash today

Got a response from DJI (I had to push for an escalation). DJI performed a flight log analysis, Map Pilot logs and the DAT files on the P4P were reviewed. They concluded that the Map Pilot app provided a false reading to the sensors that triggered the P4P to think it was close to the ground. Thus the P4P engines began a shutdown as if it had landed.

I am paying for the repairs, in one way glad it was not a hardware failure on the P4P part. Since that flight, I found DJI recently released their own app DJ GS Pro for such type flights. I had a problem with Map Pilot once a while back on such a mission, but it was easily recoverable situation. Map Pilot is now deleted from my library of options.

Without seeing the DAT file (it appears to be no longer available) I"m somewhat speculating, but the explanation from DJI sounds like complete nonsense to me. The sensor data do not come from the mobile device app, and the motor data that @BudWalker plotted above do not resemble a landed aircraft motor shutdown.

I really appreciate MapPilot and it's the main app I use for mapping.
However automated flights have some risks. One thing that could be wrong is the terrain awareness feature that uses a very coarse DEM (30m/pixel). But I guess the user is already aware of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20