Reaction score
So I'm looking at starting to make some money from my drone, im hopefully doing my part 107 in the next few weeks. I've been looking into websites such as drone base and ive got a few other ideas, but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience in making money from drones, how it went, and tips and any other websites that are good for this sort of thing?

Reactions: Trackerputnam
So I'm looking at starting to make some money from my drone, im hopefully doing my part 107 in the next few weeks. I've been looking into websites such as drone base and ive got a few other ideas, but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience in making money from drones, how it went, and tips and any other websites that are good for this sort of thing?
Not to discourage you, but here's an article I saved from May 2018.

It's LA Times digital subscribers only, but you get a few free articles before they make you sign up. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Try reading in
Commercial Drone Pilots Forum
its geared just for this .
Link at bottom of page .

There are several companies that hire pilots in certain regions to do photography and/or video for them. It might be the doorway you need to decide what industry you're interested in, and what it would take to get going.

Truly depends on what area of work you want to do with your drone, i. e. real estate, high-end videography, etc.

Reactions: BigAl07
Truly depends on what area of work you want to do with your drone, i. e. real estate, high-end videography, etc.

I work in golf courses so plan to keep the work focused around that, using mapping software etc but it’s early days I haven’t decided yet.

If you plan on starting a new entrepreneurial business like this, do your homework and have reasonable expectations. 80% of new drone businesses will fail. You need to go into this with the idea that you will be exceptional, innovative, and professional. If your business plan is based on clients flowing in from websites like dronebase, hang up your spurs and go home now. That's 80% mentality.

80% of drone businesses are doomed from the beginning because the owners have done poor business planning, or maybe even no planning at all. They will never make any appreciable income and will blame everything but themselves. Here's a self-test: Do you think the whole Part 107 process is useless and nothing but a money-grab by the FAA? Do you visit potential clients wearing a man-bun and uncovered tats? Are you annoyed because sites like dronebase and droners aren't bringing you enough business? If you said "yes" to any one of these questions, you need to seriously reconsider your options.

This is tough love, guys. I know it may hurt some people, but I am revealing a GEM of wisdom to you. If you want to succeed, you have to first separate yourself from the majority of your competitors. You absolutely must get out of the 80% group of people who will fail. Your life will be so much better if you will move to the 20% who excel.

If you plan on starting a new entrepreneurial business like this, do your homework and have reasonable expectations. 80% of new drone businesses will fail. You need to go into this with the idea that you will be exceptional, innovative, and professional. If your business plan is based on clients flowing in from websites like dronebase, hang up your spurs and go home now. That's 80% mentality.

80% of drone businesses are doomed from the beginning because the owners have done poor business planning, or maybe even no planning at all. They will never make any appreciable income and will blame everything but themselves. Here's a self-test: Do you think the whole Part 107 process is useless and nothing but a money-grab by the FAA? Do you visit potential clients wearing a man-bun and uncovered tats? Are you annoyed because sites like dronebase and droners aren't bringing you enough business? If you said "yes" to any one of these questions, you need to seriously reconsider your options.

This is tough love, guys. I know it may hurt some people, but I am revealing a GEM of wisdom to you. If you want to succeed, you have to first separate yourself from the majority of your competitors. You absolutely must get out of the 80% group of people who will fail. Your life will be so much better if you will move to the 20% who excel.

Thanks for the advice! its not going to be my full time job just side money when I can get clients. Ill be using the drontebase software to create maps as part of the business but I've done a lot of planning and I have a few "freebie" jobs lined up to get some examples of my work for websites and brochures. I don't see the 107 as a money grab but I do feel it needs revising and almost modernised in a way. thank you for your words, a few things will definitely stick with me!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers