Any of you guys use dronebase ?

Reaction score
Ive got my temporary 107 certificate in october but it wasn't till late december which I got my official license , Ive signed up for drone base December 3rd but It wasn't until December 14 where I finally got my first client mission request however it wasn't at a convenient time so I couldn't take it, then 3 days later I got another mission request I accepted completed and got paid , next day I got another one I accepted but ran into a emergency so I had to cancel , now Ive been waiting 6 days to receive another mission but Haven't , So I wanted to ask you guys , if any of you use drone base , how often do you get client missions ? are client missions a rare thing ? do you receive requests every few weeks or something ? or do you think maybe its possible my city doesn't have a big demand for it ?

Dronebase pays next to nothing and is the worst gig Ive found so far for professional drone pilots. Dronebase finds kids with Standard Phantoms or Maviks to fly these (sparsely available) "missions" at $35 per home. Importantly, this DJI forum unexpectedly reveals what you are bidding against. A lot of money for a kid, peanuts for a professional, especially for Dronebase' specialized training regimen. The resulting, typical profile of a Dronebase pilot is... a sharp kid with no job.

Uncompensated tedium. Each home requires approximately 80 precisely positioned (angle, height, distance) photos, plus a specialized scheduling protocol (again, rarely dispatched), dress code, customer presentation and logistical tactics. To justify the peanuts payout, the Dronebase description of the gig, to sucker you into the elaborate training program, says the shoot is a quick and easy "15 minutes". Im a retired military pilot and these missions take at least 1 1/2 hours and two batteries to perform correctly. BTW, my sample mission was fully accepted by Dronebase with no flaws. And dont forget another hour for Dronebase's requirement for you to tediously re-organize your photos into special groups, called "buckets" before uploading to their server, before a looming deadine.

Uncompensated risk. Hypothetically, Dronebase literature indicates a substantial rate of rejection of entire missions (not mine) for faulty photo precision... and denote this fact in capital letters in their tedious online manual. Just speculating, but try to complete one of these missions in 15 minutes and expect it to be rejected.

Another Dronebase claim falsely states; says as soon you finish training, you can "...start accepting client missions". Immediately upon finishing training, I received a canned response saying "We have nothing in your area right now...", even though my area was listed with Dronebase as the ENTIRE state of Florida, since I'm centrally located. Dronebase's fraudulent marketing claims, in order to create a large pool of reserve pilots, logically borderlines on being called a scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hounddog
Are there any other Companies out there that are hiring Drone Pilots besides DroneBase and Droners IO, ??? Are there any other Suggestions

Reactions: Jack Matthias
Depends on area. Sometimes I wait weeks for a mission and other times they pop up hourly. I've made $30k over the past 24 months with them doing very little work. No complaints.

Dang I have gotten one client mission in 24 months[emoji23][emoji23]

I get client missions 3 or 4 times every two weeks. They pay 60.00 for each one and require 9 shots. Takes about 15 minutes for each mission. I have no complaints

Reactions: Martyg4567
Dronebase sure seems to be much less visible on the Internet compared to Droners.io. Droners is a "race to the bottom" marketplace with a high supply of Gold Rush Drone Pilots poised to make their riches in this skyrocketing market, LOL, who get so desperate to get one job, they'll do it for peanuts. Another thread on here about Dronebase you have one poster say they got lots of jobs and the next post is someone in Houston (top 5 largest cities) who's been on there over a year and never got a job (go figure.) If you've had a hard time getting jobs on Droners, just imagine how hard it is on Dronebase. If they had any significant consistent volume of jobs, Precisionhawk would have offered to buy them out like they did Droners and Airvid.

It looks like they have invested a ton of time and money developing their program, website, and app. I wonder how they are doing financially in this "race to the bottom" market for simple photography/videography services now that they have no contract with Getty and there hasn't been any big hurricane lately to bolster their insurance business? Anyone know how they've been funded?

Last edited:
Dji invested $12 million in dronebase around the time they added the augmented reality piece to the app.

In 2017 when they were still paying for panos I picked up 70-80 of those. Sold a few Getty’s and only did one client mission. Haven’t heard a word from them in 2018. I have a feeling they are rather lost as a company.

If you're wanting to spread your net more widely, and not have to pay anything in the process, get a free listing at DronePilotsCentral. It's free for you to create your listing and it's free for prospective clients to search. They contact you directly and you keep all the money. Free is good.

www.DronePilotsCentral.com

Free
If you're wanting to spread your net more widely, and not have to pay anything in the process, get a free listing at DronePilotsCentral. It's free for you to create your listing and it's free for prospective clients to search. They contact you directly and you keep all the money. Free is good.

www.DronePilotsCentral.com

Free is only good if you have a decent chance of getting a job. Otherwise you're wasting your time spinning your wheels. How are potential clients finding that website? They're probably not.

Dronebase pays next to nothing and is the worst gig Ive found so far for professional drone pilots. Dronebase finds kids with Standard Phantoms or Maviks to fly these (sparsely available) "missions" at $35 per home. Importantly, this DJI forum unexpectedly reveals what you are bidding against. A lot of money for a kid, peanuts for a professional, especially for Dronebase' specialized training regimen. The resulting, typical profile of a Dronebase pilot is... a sharp kid with no job.

Uncompensated tedium. Each home requires approximately 80 precisely positioned (angle, height, distance) photos, plus a specialized scheduling protocol (again, rarely dispatched), dress code, customer presentation and logistical tactics. To justify the peanuts payout, the Dronebase description of the gig, to sucker you into the elaborate training program, says the shoot is a quick and easy "15 minutes". Im a retired military pilot and these missions take at least 1 1/2 hours and two batteries to perform correctly. BTW, my sample mission was fully accepted by Dronebase with no flaws. And dont forget another hour for Dronebase's requirement for you to tediously re-organize your photos into special groups, called "buckets" before uploading to their server, before a looming deadine.

Uncompensated risk. Hypothetically, Dronebase literature indicates a substantial rate of rejection of entire missions (not mine) for faulty photo precision... and denote this fact in capital letters in their tedious online manual. Just speculating, but try to complete one of these missions in 15 minutes and expect it to be rejected.

Another Dronebase claim falsely states; says as soon you finish training, you can "...start accepting client missions". Immediately upon finishing training, I received a canned response saying "We have nothing in your area right now...", even though my area was listed with Dronebase as the ENTIRE state of Florida, since I'm centrally located. Dronebase's fraudulent marketing claims, in order to create a large pool of reserve pilots, logically borderlines on being called a scam.
In my area they usually pay 60-115 $ for each job , but like you said good for a kid peanuts for a pro .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl