Major Vibrations P3P

I disabled synchronous follow in the gimbal settings. Vibrations to the gimbal unit is still occurring when hovering. The Phantom does not vibrate what so ever when it's grounded. When it's in the air hovering, you can notice the camera and gimbal vibrate. I notice it happening off and on, not constantly.

Note: I have reinstalled 1.5 back on the Phantom to do this test. It flies better though, just the vibrations haven't been fixed.

Reactions: Fabio Dellino
I noticed these vibrations the other day too. As someone mentioned earlier, could this be a gain setting? Are there gain settings on the P3? I know that I had the same type of vibration in my P2. Gain adjustments WERE the fix. Anyone?

I just flew my 10th flight and I noticed when landing, I loitered at about 6 feet and the phantom was vibrating big time almost a wobble but stayed in place without any problems but you can see the gimbal vibrating , almost like a prop was major unbalanced or somethihg. This bird is only 3 weeks old, installed all new firmware, IMU and gimbal calibrations, props are beautifully balanced...what 's going on? It seems to stop vibrating when ascending slowly...Any help please? Thanks

Check the arms below the motors. I had this happen after a crash. had a fine crack on the arm where the motor bolted to. tough to see but it was there. 1/2 speed rotation was fine but once I revved it up, it became too unstable and wobbled like crazy.

Check the arms below the motors. I had this happen after a crash. had a fine crack on the arm where the motor bolted to. tough to see but it was there. 1/2 speed rotation was fine but once I revved it up, it became too unstable and wobbled like crazy.

I think I'm going to return mine no offense to anyone but I'm tired of being the Guinean pig for all of these companies. If there's no resolution by Jan 15 (the latest I can return it) I'm going to hold off on this model

I think I'm going to return mine no offense to anyone but I'm tired of being the Guinean pig for all of these companies. If there's no resolution by Jan 15 (the latest I can return it) I'm going to hold off on this model

Fair enough. Having owned one nearly three weeks before they were officially released I can tell you the pain is worth it. The technology, even with it's bugs and poorly written software is amazing in every way. At the price point we pay, you'll ALWAYS be the QA department for toys, cellphones and everything else. It's just too costly to properly QA devices like this. They would be unaffordable. If you're going to hold out for a better product, you wont live to see it. They'll continue to have bugs off the line until it's finally discontinued and the next buggy one is released.

My recommendation is stick it out. Fly with that anxiety it'll fall out of the sky for no reason or the RTH just took it to the moon and you'll never see it again. Call it livin' on the edge :)

If it's mechanically faulty, exchange it.... don't give up though. The ability to jump into the sky and fly, even if it's FPV@4K is unbelievable. It just doesn't get old. Like pumping gallons of explosive fuel unto our cars at the gas station, the fear of disaster goes away, even though the possibility never did.

Everything related to technology is faulty in their own ways. Nothing is perfect. Sometimes we just need patience for companies to correct bugs in their product. If we're talking about the drone market... DJI is far superior than the rest. You think their software is buggy? Go with 3DR Solo and tell me how that works out for you. I've been hearing tons of reports of fly aways or the drone crashing into things for no reason. Or buy Lilly the upcoming drone. Search up on Youtube Lilly the Drone. That product is buggy as hell. Basically what I'm trying to say is, nothing is perfect in this world. The Phantoms have a 6 month warranty... I bought it in October, so if DJI doesn't fix it, I'll send it in before April and have them figure it out.

Last edited:
I am waiting and a return label to ship it back to dji and let them figure it out. I got my bird back from them for the no signal problem being fixed and upgraded as soon as I got it back to 1.5 and now mine also vibratates and drifts all over the place. They are going to have to figure it out.

I am waiting and a return label to ship it back to dji and let them figure it out. I got my bird back from them for the no signal problem being fixed and upgraded as soon as I got it back to 1.5 and now mine also vibratates and drifts all over the place. They are going to have to figure it out.
Yeah they gave me a prepaid label as well to ship the Phantom to them. I changed my mind on shipping it until they release a new firmware. If that new firmware doesn't fix it, then I'm sending my Phantom to DJI. When you get yours back, let us know what they changed. I have a feeling they might change the motors simply because it may be the problem. The firmware doesn't work well with the old motors.

This is my 3rd one. I'm not going to go into details as to what happen to the other ones. I hear what your saying but I disagree to a certaine
Fair enough. Having owned one nearly three weeks before they were officially released I can tell you the pain is worth it. The technology, even with it's bugs and poorly written software is amazing in every way. At the price point we pay, you'll ALWAYS be the QA department for toys, cellphones and everything else. It's just too costly to properly QA devices like this. They would be unaffordable. If you're going to hold out for a better product, you wont live to see it. They'll continue to have bugs off the line until it's finally discontinued and the next buggy one is released.

My recommendation is stick it out. Fly with that anxiety it'll fall out of the sky for no reason or the RTH just took it to the moon and you'll never see it again. Call it livin' on the edge :)

If it's mechanically faulty, exchange it.... don't give up though. The ability to jump into the sky and fly, even if it's FPV@4K is unbelievable. It just doesn't get old. Like pumping gallons of explosive fuel unto our cars at the gas station, the fear of disaster goes away, even though the possibility never did.
Everything related to technology is faulty in their own ways. Nothing is perfect. Sometimes we just need patience for companies to correct bugs in their product. If we're talking about the drone market... DJI is far superior than the rest. You think their software is buggy? Go with 3DR Solo and tell me how that works out for you. I've been hearing tons of reports of fly aways or the drone crashing into things for no reason. Or buy Lilly the upcoming drone. Search up on Youtube Lilly the Drone. That product is buggy as hell. Basically what I'm trying to say is, nothing is perfect in this world. The Phantoms have a 6 month warranty... I bought it in October, so if DJI doesn't fix it, I'll send it in before April and have them figure it out.

I hear where both of you guys are coming from b/c I've been in IT or over 16yrs I was just a little frustrated earlier that's all. Even If I did return the P3P I wouldn't be returning it and switching to another company I've heard and watched a few Youtube videos of people complaining about the 3DR Solo, Lilly etc. I bought mine for pure fun I'm not making money or anything with it I'm a tech guy so I have a lot of tech toys so honestly if I do return it I won't miss it

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
My only issue is arm vibration while idling on the ground. I spoke to DJI tech support and downgrade/upgrade with the new firmware seems to be the only fix for now to the arm vibration issue. Mine isn't bad only a little arm vibration when idling on the ground but flies like a dream. Perfectly stable, no drifting, no vibration at all hovering at eye level and at a full speed yaw its like its on the top of a flag pole. I'm going to try the downgrade - new firmware upgrade and IMU calibration again tomorrow. I'll post what happens either way.

Check out the thread over at the DJI forum DJI Forum|Software update 1.5 and vibration

Edit mine flew fine for a few months with no issues what so ever until the new firmware. It is without a doubt a firmware issue. The DJI tech support person I spoke to said that there is a new firmware coming very soon but could not provide a date, Hopefully the down-grade/upgrade works for most of us in the mean time!

My only issue is arm vibration while idling on the ground. I spoke to DJI tech support and downgrade/upgrade with the new firmware seems to be the only fix for now to the arm vibration issue. Mine isn't bad only a little arm vibration when idling on the ground but flies like a dream. Perfectly stable, no drifting, no vibration at all hovering at eye level and at a full speed yaw its like its on the top of a flag pole. I'm going to try the downgrade - new firmware upgrade and IMU calibration again tomorrow. I'll post what happens either way.

Check out the thread over at the DJI forum DJI Forum|Software update 1.5 and vibration

Edit mine flew fine for a few months with no issues what so ever until the new firmware. It is without a doubt a firmware issue. The DJI tech support person I spoke to said that there is a new firmware coming very soon but could not provide a date, Hopefully the down-grade/upgrade works for most of us in the mean time!

I hope and new firmware is available very soon at the moment I don't think the downgrade/upgrade method is working for many.

What did you set 90% in gain? I found when I put everything 90%, the Phantom became lazy and slightly slow to respond.

I was looking at the vibration when running on the ground idling and noticed what appears to be black mounts underneath the engines for what I assume are prop guards. I would recommend removing those back to stock to see if that helps.

I hope and new firmware is available very soon at the moment I don't think the downgrade/upgrade method is working for many.
I agree because unfortunately after trying the downgrade/upgraded again it did not help. But mine isn't bad only a little arm vibration when idling on the ground. Its stable, no drifting or vibration at all hovering at eye level and at a full speed yaw its like its on the top of a flag pole. No evidence in any pics or video either. But the arm vibration while idling on the ground is troublesome I don't trust it enough to fly normally. I spoke to DJI tech support and have had two emails in the last few days that said "we are investigating what could be an issue with the firmware update 1.5 and the vibration on the arms". Lots of help there but a typical response from DJI. I do believe that they are working on a new firmware update that will hopefully be available soon! Happy holidays to all!

Quick question... is it safe to transfer the firmware bin file over to the SD card when it's plugged into the Phantom? I don't have a SD reader, so I've been transferring the files over to my cell phone, then to my Phantom. I noticed I can just transfer the firmware file over to the SD card when I plug in the Phantom to the PC. Have you all done it this way before? I assume it's safe?

Quick question... is it safe to transfer the firmware bin file over to the SD card when it's plugged into the Phantom? I don't have a SD reader, so I've been transferring the files over to my cell phone, then to my Phantom. I noticed I can just transfer the firmware file over to the SD card when I plug in the Phantom to the PC. Have you all done it this way before? I assume it's safe?

You can use P3 gimbal camera as reader, attaching a usb cable from camera microusb to a usb pc and inserting sd in the camera (as normal). I never tested it, but I think it can work.
EDIT: Sorry too late, you have done it...

You can use P3 gimbal camera as reader, attaching a usb cable from camera microusb to a usb pc and inserting sd in the camera (as normal). I never tested it, but I think it can work.
EDIT: Sorry too late, you have done it...
I've done it a few times... Transferred the firmware bin to the Phantom's gimbal SD reader. Unplug Phantom, restart it and let it upgrade. Never had an issue it says 'success' each time upgrading. I was just worried if it would cause a problem or something? It's just me being paranoid lol

I've done it a few times... Transferred the firmware bin to the Phantom's gimbal SD reader. Unplug Phantom, restart it and let it upgrade. Never had an issue it says 'success' each time upgrading. I was just worried if it would cause a problem or something? It's just me being paranoid lol

Don't worry if file is transfered correctly, the update is fine. If for some reason the file is corrupted the update fails due to a internal checksum error.

Don't worry if file is transfered correctly, the update is fine. If for some reason the file is corrupted the update fails due to a internal checksum error.
Awesome :)

I downgraded from 1.5 to 1.4 today. Did a cold IMU calibration and gimbal calibration. It flew okay, there was some wind here in Toronto not much. However, the vibrations in the gimbal/camera unit still happens when hovering... When hovering, I noticed it drop in altitude by itself. Not sure why it did that. It did it 2 times from a 10 min flight. I was maybe 5 feet from the ground when I saw it drop in altitude. I was hearing people setting their gain settings to 90%. Has anyone done this and tested to see if the vibrations stop?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164