Major Vibrations P3P

See on 1.5 I think mine flies the best it's been in a long time, very stable and solid, responsive but every once in a while a get a little vibration at hover...but it's better than it was the first time I uograded, that time it vibrated like a truck! Try this and see what happens...I was on 1.5, flew on that after imu, had major vibration...downgraded to 1.4 then upgraded to 1.5 and did imu...flew and still major vib, but I noticed the blue status bar wasn't moving but it did say imu was complete...so I reinstalled the go app, downgraded to 1.4 did an imu on that, got the blue bar back during imu...flew on 1.4 for a battery, couldn't stand the drift so I upgraded to 1.5 did a cold imu, again status bar was working...flew on 1.5 and most of the vibration was gone from what I can see...just a thought...anyway, hopefully DJI gets this fixed without messing up something else lol...they will eventually, I had the P2 and had firmware issues for months before they finally got it right

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
See on 1.5 I think mine flies the best it's been in a long time, very stable and solid, responsive but every once in a while a get a little vibration at hover...but it's better than it was the first time I uograded, that time it vibrated like a truck! Try this and see what happens...I was on 1.5, flew on that after imu, had major vibration...downgraded to 1.4 then upgraded to 1.5 and did imu...flew and still major vib, but I noticed the blue status bar wasn't moving but it did say imu was complete...so I reinstalled the go app, downgraded to 1.4 did an imu on that, got the blue bar back during imu...flew on 1.4 for a battery, couldn't stand the drift so I upgraded to 1.5 did a cold imu, again status bar was working...flew on 1.5 and most of the vibration was gone from what I can see...just a thought...anyway, hopefully DJI gets this fixed without messing up something else lol...they will eventually, I had the P2 and had firmware issues for months before they finally got it right
I'll try that now. I'll reinstall 1.4 again and do what you suggested see if it helps. I've never seen no blue bar when doing IMU cal. When it's done all I see is IMU is ok that's it lol.

My theory over this vibrations issue is I have a feeling the firmware is causing one of the motors to spin at a lower rpm. Causing the other 3 to constantly try to stabilize. I could be wrong, but it's what I've been thinking.

Last edited:
Interesting.....

My P3A when come first RMA shake a lot on the ground with 1.4.

Then, second RMA they install 1.5, and i have a paper saying something like: Vibration checked....I t seems ok, later night i will made a flight to confirm this..

Of course, my biggest problem is drifting with 1.4 and 1.5....but i left my small contribute. Propellers are the 2 pair, almost new. Engines old ones.

Of course,before this stupid`s last fw, everything was perfect, specially with 1.1.9.

Yeah same, my motors and shell is the old ones. Even though I bought this P3P in October. Weird why DJI gave me the old model, ah well. Anyhow, please let us know what DJI put under your gain settings and expo. Maybe they changed something in those settings to counter the vibrations?

Just came back from test flying with 1.5 installed. When I was installing this firmware this time around, the blue progress bar finally appeared when doing IMU cal. I had to uninstall the app and reinstalled it from going to DJI's website to download the app. It seemed to work that way, instead of going to the Google Play Store.

After doing the IMU, gimbal and compass cal, vibrations are still noticeable. Left everything on default and the vibrations still was there. When slightly moving, it's not as noticeable as if it were to hover in place. It's just weird to see this happen. It'll vibrate off and on when hovering. Just curious to know what the firmware did to create this issue. I shot some video with an ND filter on. In the next hour I'll post a link to where you all can watch it and see if the vibrations show up in video.

My concern is if the vibrations will appear in long exposures during the night? :(

Hey ya'll, so I tested the 1.5 like I stated above and here is the footage. I ended up using my new ND filter by Polar Pro. Here is the settings I used: ISO 100, 1/60, ND8. Even with the vibrations when hovering, it doesn't transfer to the video. Please DJI fix this issue in the next firmware, and make it quick!

Video:

Hey ya'll, so I tested the 1.5 like I stated above and here is the footage. I ended up using my new ND filter by Polar Pro. Here is the settings I used: ISO 100, 1/60, ND8. Even with the vibrations when hovering, it doesn't transfer to the video. Please DJI fix this issue in the next firmware, and make it quick!

Video:
Your video clarity is very good but if I do this shoot, I will go for more blue color on Sky by further reducing light.

Your video clarity is very good but if I do this shoot, I will go for more blue color on Sky by further reducing light.
Yeah it was a quick edit. I just wanted to show you all the vibration doesn't show at all on the video. I would assume if I shot still photographs with long exposures maybe 3 sec long, it may show.

yes....i made some last night that were real bad.....don`t if due exposition, or vibrations....

Didn`t notice much it, on idle, but i have the idea that with 1.1.9, everything was more smooth....maybe placebo effect on my mind,...

I had a fast comparison between P3A (working well) and the P3P (shows vibration).. Obviously no vibration on both (Murphy's law)!
So I made little test and I found that if I start motors on perfectly leveled surface both are perfect. If I tilt it just 2° the P3P, it starts showing some vibrations ... mhhh... IMU compensation alghorithms too strict aggressive ? I will dig it better this weekend.

Video:
Kevin what part of Queens are you in?

Unfortunately I have the same vibration issue after firmware upgrade 1.5. I have checked propellers and they are balanced. It's very sad, I didn't have this problem before...

Unfortunately I have the same vibration issue after firmware upgrade 1.5. I have checked propellers and they are balanced. It's very sad, I didn't have this problem before...

I'd recommend to make your voice known to a DJI agent and let them know. I assume you have the old motors right? I do too... I think the 1.5 firmware is not compatible with the old motors. To be honest, I don't want to ship my Phantom out to DJI for them to install the new motors. They should in all honesty fix what they screwed up for those who are suffering from the 1.5 issues. In another forum, someone resetting their DJI Go App in hopes for it to work. When they took off with their Phantom, the Phantom flew away on it's own and fell to earth breaking into pieces. If this is also happening, DJI should be held responsible. Luckily for me, I never had that yet. Only thing I noticed with 1.5 installed is vibrations when hovering, and the Phantom tends to sink in altitude when hovering.

Reactions: Fabio Dellino
I'd recommend to make your voice known to a DJI agent and let them know. I assume you have the old motors right? I do too... I think the 1.5 firmware is not compatible with the old motors. To be honest, I don't want to ship my Phantom out to DJI for them to install the new motors. They should in all honesty fix what they screwed up for those who are suffering from the 1.5 issues. In another forum, someone resetting their DJI Go App in hopes for it to work. When they took off with their Phantom, the Phantom flew away on it's own and fell to earth breaking into pieces. If this is also happening, DJI should be held responsible. Luckily for me, I never had that yet. Only thing I noticed with 1.5 installed is vibrations when hovering, and the Phantom tends to sink in altitude when hovering.

Ok I'll try to raise a concern to DJI, the problem is that I'm from Italy and I'll be in Argentina in holiday for 3 weeks and I wanted to bring with me my bird. But with this issue I think it will stay in the box. Actually my only issue is the vibration one: vibrations start in the arms of the bird and dumpers and gimbals or not able to have a smooth camera.
At this point I hope when I come back from my holiday the issue will be solved.

I just get vibration but it's nothing crazy like it was when I first installed 1.5..after going through a few upgrades and downgrades some of the major vibration went away...but if you're right about the old motors, DJI should definitely fix the issue..I just got mine back from DJI a month ago because of NO SIGNAL issues, I don't want to send it back again though, so hopefully they can fix this with a firmware update again, which they should be able to since it doesn't happen on 1.4...is anyone with the new motors getting vibration?

Ok I'll try to raise a concern to DJI, the problem is that I'm from Italy and I'll be in Argentina in holiday for 3 weeks and I wanted to bring with me my bird. But with this issue I think it will stay in the box. Actually my only issue is the vibration one: vibrations start in the arms of the bird and dumpers and gimbals or not able to have a smooth camera.
At this point I hope when I come back from my holiday the issue will be solved.
Yeah don't risk it. Last thing you need is your Phantom to fly away without you controlling it and having it fall to the ground. Leave it at home and hopefully a fix comes quick.

I just get vibration but it's nothing crazy like it was when I first installed 1.5..after going through a few upgrades and downgrades some of the major vibration went away...but if you're right about the old motors, DJI should definitely fix the issue..I just got mine back from DJI a month ago because of NO SIGNAL issues, I don't want to send it back again though, so hopefully they can fix this with a firmware update again, which they should be able to since it doesn't happen on 1.4...is anyone with the new motors getting vibration?
Some of the people who I've spoken to with the new motors said they're fine. No vibrations what so ever. I'm just putting the pieces together in hopes to be right. It just seems everyone who is experiencing the vibrations, some worse than others, have the old motors on their Phantom. If a firmware was able to screw it all up, a firmware is able to correct it. If more people bother DJI about it, then they'll get the hint this is a big issue.

Especially when there is 12 pages on this forum of people complaining about this problem! It looks like a huge issue to me lol...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT