Major Vibrations P3P

I'm sure nothing can be told from this, but I recorded it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sorry for the vertical video. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

I just did a propless wide open throttle bench test. I feel very very minimal vibration holding the face of my finger nail against the chassis. (nothing i would think would be out ordinary for spinning at that speed) At WOT you can see the gimbal pins vibrate but nothing transfers to the dampened assembly the camera is attached to.

I will be back later with some new props while I wait for my prop balancer to come in from amazon later this week.
In the mean time, do you have a common x-acto knife? I have found that the handle fits perfectly in the prop hub. If you then place it on top of a thin lipped glass on a level surface, you can get an indication if a prop is off balance. I'm sure it's not as precise as the DuPro with the P3 rod, but in a pinch it might help while you wait for your delivery.

Last edited:
I just did a propless wide open throttle bench test. I feel very very minimal vibration holding the face of my finger nail against the chassis. (nothing i would think would be out ordinary for spinning at that speed) At WOT you can see the gimbal pins vibrate but nothing transfers to the dampened assembly the camera is attached to.

I will be back later with some new props while I wait for my prop balancer to come in from amazon later this week.
I did the same test before going for spin this morning. I could feel mild vibrations on the body with some barely noticeable noise, I push down firmly on the frame and noise stopped just like something loose or just plastic vibration , nothing loud but its there nonetheless..could be normal, I have no way of knowing. So mild the sound may not transfer to recorded audio...

Yes, I saw that, might be something to consider.
I wasn't tracking this, but for those who have reported this vibration - old motors or new motors?

Have any of you noticed the black props need to be screwed in further than the silver, is this normal?

Have any of you noticed the black props need to be screwed in further than the silver, is this normal?
no-- they should all be the same-- has one of you hubs come up-- there was another report of that happening with the new motor.

Is this what you guys are seeing?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:( exactly my vibration after update ! The best example what can we do?

I agree , as I have always had slight vibrations when I purchased, what is concerning is why did I have bad vibrations at one time after a good 30 mins of flying and today back to normal

Did you take off the props and put them on again for the next flight?
It could be that the props were attached onto a different motor.
The only TRUE way to balance a prop is to do it on the machine so the motor gets balanced as well - like they used to do on cars with on car wheel balancing.

The only TRUE way to balance a prop is to do it on the machine so the motor gets balanced as well - like they used to do on cars with on car wheel balancing.
I don't understand , how do you balance a prop on the machine

If there are no significant vibrations with props off but vibrations comeback after mounting the props back, problems are with the props. Please note : there will always be vibrations with props spinning, question is if they get absorbed in gimbal mounts resulting into stationary camera.

We are discounting motors axial bearings issue at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
That type of balance is not readily available for Phantom owners unless they want set up their own laser light rig. Prop balancing has been sufficient to date and is very effective.

Balance the props first-- if you haven't already--
I have use my 4 extra pars -8 st props brand new 100% original just to check that be no the problem :/ I have 0 problems before the update truth me I have one close up video of my bird but I don't know how I can post it here so u can see how stable was the fly just before the update and I am not sure if this vibration can crack my shell if I continue to fly like this...

If there are no significant vibrations with props off but vibrations comeback after mounting the props back, problems are with the props. Please note : there will always be vibrations with props spinning, question is if they get absorbed in gimbal mounts resulting into stationary camera.
That's a given, but what concerns me are the reports of no vibration, update, then vibration. Especially from those who have already balanced their props. I'd still like to keep track of new motors or old motors just in case there was some sort of ESC control change in the last firmware which we mentioned here earlier.

Reactions: Static8
I changed my black props, they were perfectly balanced out of the bag..amazing...so lets see if there is any difference

I have use my 4 extra pars -8 st props brand new 100% original just to check that be no the problem :/ I have 0 problems before the update truth me I have one close up video of my bird but I don't know how I can post it here so u can see how stable was the fly just before the update and I am not sure if this vibration can crack my shell if I continue to fly like this...
Well, it is not going to help the shell for sure-- after you check the props for balance and you are still getting the vibration like the video shows -- then don't fly it until you figure out what is causing it. You have to rule out the motors and props -- after that-- it looks like a DJI problem and you should contact them.

That's a given, but what concerns me are the reports of no vibration, update, then vibration. Especially from those who have already balanced their props. I'd still like to keep track of new motors or old motors just in case there was some sort of ESC control change in the last firmware which we mentioned here earlier.
I think the ESC scenario is more likely than prop issue since my props are perfectly fine. What is odd, today after one flight I did not see any major vibration like yesterday's last flight...I wonder if it has to do with automatic RTH but I stopped it and took over then the vibrations occurred , maybe software related ?

I don't understand , how do you balance a prop on the machine
Balancing is a two step procedure, first balance blades then balance hub.

This is just a static balancing.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31