Major Battery Voltage Deviation

Why you might need to set your critical battery warning above the lowest available threshold is a mystery in itself however it is a big clue as to why the phantom wants to autiland earlier than expected.
I'm not sure what you're saying. The 20% Critical threshold assures me I need to get it in gear on RTH if I am manually flying. However, the AutoLand occurred within the first minute of flight because, as you suggested, the battery was not used for some time and was not fully charged.

I'm not sure what you're saying. The 20% Critical threshold assures me I need to get it in gear on RTH if I am manually flying. However, the AutoLand occurred within the first minute of flight because, as you suggested, the battery was not used for some time and was not fully charged.
I’m saying there is no need to set critical above the lowest available setting. It just causes problems. The low warning is enough to remind you if your not keeping track of your telemetry in flight.

Reactions: kyrvas
I’m saying there is no need to set critical above the lowest available setting. It just causes problems. The low warning is enough to remind you if your not keeping track of your telemetry in flight.
Okay - what do you suggest; that Low and Critical setting be equal; if so, at what %?

Okay - what do you suggest; that Low and Critical setting be equal; if so, at what %?
I set my low battery ay 35% and critical at 10%. Keep in mind those settings only control when the app notifies you of your battery reaching those set points. The actual battery % where the AC lands automatically on critical may be different as it calculates critical battery on its own and may land at any number.

I set my low battery ay 35% and critical at 10%. Keep in mind those settings only control when the app notifies you of your battery reaching those set points. The actual battery % where the AC lands automatically on critical may be different as it calculates critical battery on its own and may land at any number.
3rdof5 - Thanks for the input; my settings are at 30% Low and 20% Critical; my thinking that 30% is enough time to evaluate if RTH is necessary on any given flight, and 20% is always my RTH.

3rdof5 - Thanks for the input; my settings are at 30% Low and 20% Critical; my thinking that 30% is enough time to evaluate if RTH is necessary on any given flight, and 20% is always my RTH.
Very wise settings. You will avoid alot of trouble ;)

I want to thank everyone who contributed to my OP!
Consider the question Solved!
I learned much from each of you and now will follow the specific practices suggested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic