Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Low Voltage?

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Miggs, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Miggs

Good evening ladies and gents,

I'm new to flying and just got the FC40 and was wondering how you know the battery is getting low? I hear that there is a red light that flashes but is that on the drone or remote? Any help would be appreciated. Flying a stock fc40 with no camera or gimbal for now

2. Ti22

I fly P1 but believe this is pretty much the same. LV (low voltage) settings via computer in NazaM may be altered although stock settings behave:

LED rear shell rapid flashing red when you hit LV warning #1. You can usually see it a few seconds/minutes earlier doing hard acceleration or full power vertical climb.

If you continue to fly and push it into LV warning #2, Phantom will auto land wherever it happens to be located.

Early on I performed a couple tests with stopwatch or clock timer on good health batteries to note actual flight times until LV warning #1. Based on that data, ‘always set a conservative alarm timer whenever the motors arm for flight.

Stock 2.2Ah battery pack in good health usually sees about 7 minutes flying time before my conservative alarm goes off.

I think you can pretty much go by the P1 manual for most, if not all LED codes - Phantom 1 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

René Wilhelm likes this.