Low RC battery issue

Reaction score
Yesterday when I was flying P4P+ I got low batt. warning on the screen. At first I thought that it is the Phantom's battery though it would be almost impossible after 5min with full batt at startup.
Then I realized that it is the RC batt. problem. A red battery icon appeard at upper right corner of the screen and only one white light indicating the battery status of the RC was lit. The camera picture freezed unusualy frequently and the cause was likely the same - the battery.
OK, that should not be a big problem I thought because the second batt light was blinking at startup which should had been enough for one flight.
The problem was that all telemetry was gone instantly including the compass. As I still had the camera picture the returning was not a big problem. But if the picture on the screen would had stopped then the returning would instantly became a big problem.
Is this normal when the RC battery gets low? I think that the energy consumption is higher for the video than for the telemetry. Or maybe I am wrong. But anyway such abrupt stop of the telemetry is very unpleasant or can be even dangerous.

Yesterday when I was flying P4P+ I got low batt. warning on the screen. At first I thought that it is the Phantom's battery though it would be almost impossible after 5min with full batt at startup.
Then I realized that it is the RC batt. problem. A red battery icon appeard at upper right corner of the screen and only one white light indicating the battery status of the RC was lit. The camera picture freezed unusualy frequently and the cause was likely the same - the battery.
OK, that should not be a big problem I thought because the second batt light was blinking at startup which should had been enough for one flight.
The problem was that all telemetry was gone instantly including the compass. As I still had the camera picture the returning was not a big problem. But if the picture on the screen would had stopped then the returning would instantly became a big problem.
Is this normal when the RC battery gets low? I think that the energy consumption is higher for the video than for the telemetry. Or maybe I am wrong. But anyway such abrupt stop of the telemetry is very unpleasant or can be even dangerous.
There are several posts where battery was not fully charged and flight ended quickly you should all ways have full battery before takeoff its just not worth risking losing your bird

if the picture on the screen would had stopped then the returning would instantly became a big problem.
I'm curious why you think that this would be a big problem.

Unless I’m reading his thread title and post incorrectly, he’s talking about his RC battery, correct? A couple of the replies make me wonder if I’m misunderstanding something.

Ok its early my eyes aren't awake and misread,,ok I admit on not reading properly :(
I shall delete this post.....professional rookie moment lol..which corner shall I go sit at with my dunce cap on..
20200308_091655.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok its early my eyes aren't awake and misread,,ok I admit on not reading properly :(
I shall delete this post.....professional rookie moment lol..which corner shall I go sit at with my dunce cap on..View attachment 117526
Yep ianzone - off you go to the naughty step...

Actually, please don't delete your post, (oh - you have!) I always like to be able to look more clever than someone else... :)

Also, if people delete/nullify their posts, it can get confusing for others and can also break the train of the thread.

I still think you're jolly clever anyway... :)

Yes, I was writing about the remote controller battery. OK, I still have RTH to solve the problem, but anyway I don't like to loose all data on my screen.
But it is interesting to know what happens if the batt of RC gets so low. I thought that there is some warning message or something like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20