Low noise props

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

1531210264400-124001300.jpg
Just had a quick flight with these,gosh they are huge compared with others,,just a question to those that use them,I notice a not wanting to hover stable,bit of going up and down a few feet and braking distance has changed,is this normal ,I have not touched any settings,just seems to drift a bit more when off the sticks,,,,it does sound bit quieter but if going to affect the handing me change back,not bother with flight data cause only changed the props,and before was steady as a rock
20180710_183429.jpg
,,,,,there is 0 wind,,I buy from ferntec nz,,,box say 11.2grams,my scale say 0.94 and normal prop weigh 0.79grams,,could this just be the change in pitch creating this,it seems more at ease in flight but as above take longer to stop

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t had any issues with the new props other than a slight reduction in the high pitched
whistle/whine. Speed tests and braking comparisons between the two types of prop are very similar, although I have noticed that dependent on the weather (warm-cold), the drone will hover a little erratically. Cold = good, warm = about 300mm of movement around its axis. Haven’t changed any of the settings in the app regarding sensitivity and will just leave them as they are for now.

I haven't noticed any difference in flight characteristics, but the props are a +ve for me because I often fly around my (very rural) neighbourhood and I don't want to irritate anybody. I did need to modify the hard case to accept the new props.

Cheers ,nope props just arrive and was in my back yard,if was not dark I record it,it is very cold,I try again tommorow and video it if same,

OK me know,props must be good,,I need to do stick calibration,,somehow this gone 5% foward with no stick input,,,:cool:
Screenshot_20180710-225959.jpg
,,,,,explains the very late braking and bit of reverse

My remote does beep if my usb cord which rests above my right stick moves the usb cord to a point where stick has been just moved,Yeh beeps then cause stick not Centre, it does not beep on mine to notified me position of stick settings if not on 100%,,,,,I not that stupid to post or I would have not bothered,if my remote was beeping I would have noticed IT,,,again this happen somehow because it was fine previous day,,,thanks for not believing what I write,I certainly won't bother next time

People on these forums are keen to help anyone, they're trying and it looks like you're giving them grief.
You the one called me a Muppet,,you giving me grief ,, I understand this forum very well thank you but the way your post was worded, it's like I'm talking ****,,,,I do appreciate any comments and your comments,,;)

I've flown with the new props a few times now on a P4P. I think they've been ok but not overly impressed. Slightly less annoying sound. My initial thoughts were that the aircraft was a bit more unstable but I think this is because the props produce slightly more thrust and therefore, the aircraft is more responsive to making position adjustments when hovering. I'd have to do more comparison test flights to be sure however. Previously I flew a P4 and it was a very stable aircraft, as is the P4P. I usually fly with Litchi app also.

View attachment 101068 Just had a quick flight with these,gosh they are huge compared with others,,just a question to those that use them,I notice a not wanting to hover stable,bit of going up and down a few feet and braking distance has changed,is this normal ,I have not touched any settings,just seems to drift a bit more when off the sticks,,,,it does sound bit quieter but if going to affect the handing me change back,not bother with flight data cause only changed the props,and before was steady as a rockView attachment 101065,,,,,there is 0 wind,,I buy from ferntec nz,,,box say 11.2grams,my scale say 0.94 and normal prop weigh 0.79grams,,could this just be the change in pitch creating this,it seems more at ease in flight but as above take longer to stop

Used him for two weeks straight from DJI and now I have cracks on both back arms and my phantom for pro is only three months old knew I should say if you noticed they vibrate a very low frequency I took them off I will not use them again all right ordered and received my new shell spread the word you better watch for cracks in your plane, once more low vibration and yes it drifted around a lot more and I just want to mention it these new props are so great why don’t the military start building their props the same total defective product may be lower noise but not better beware!!!!!!!!
IMG_4902.jpg
IMG_4900.jpg

Used him for two weeks straight from DJI and now I have cracks on both back arms and my phantom for pro is only three months old knew I should say if you noticed they vibrate a very low frequency I took them off I will not use them again all right ordered and received my new shell spread the word you better watch for cracks in your plane, once more low vibration and yes it drifted around a lot more and I just want to mention it these new props are so great why don’t the military start building their props the same total defective product may be lower noise but not better beware!!!!!!!!View attachment 101103View attachment 101104

Thanks for the heads up and I'm definitely staying away from these props, not worth the risk for the very minimal gains, if any, and the chance to ruin the bird.

Used him for two weeks straight from DJI and now I have cracks on both back arms and my phantom for pro is only three months old knew I should say if you noticed they vibrate a very low frequency I took them off I will not use them again all right ordered and received my new shell spread the word you better watch for cracks in your plane, once more low vibration and yes it drifted around a lot more and I just want to mention it these new props are so great why don’t the military start building their props the same total defective product may be lower noise but not better beware!!!!!!!!View attachment 101103View attachment 101104
Yes thanks I be watching carefully...update to above post I did stick calibration and p4 now stops like it used to,no idea how the stick input changed,yes I do think I prefer original props,bit less noise and seems to fly smooth ,makes more prop wash for sure,might be handy for blowing leaves off me driveway but that about it,,,just wanted to try them and see how so I know,now I know it's back to originals which I trust,,and sorry @gingerbloke you can call me anything ,it's all good

If you find this irrelevant, please disregard. For over a year I've been using Master Airscrew custom props on both my P3P and my P4P. They were a bit of a pain to install on the P4P because you have to unscrew the piece on top of each motor that locks in the standard DJI prop. However, installation was simple as can be on the P3P... no screwdriver needed with the P3P.

The birds are slightly more quiet, and if there's any change in performance it is too subtle for me to notice.

DJI Phantom Built-In-Nut Upgrade Propellers - WHITE - Master Airscrew 9.4x5 MR Drone Series

Last edited:
Mine have calmed down the high pitch buzz a noticeable amount but flight characteristics are not good. Less stable especially in wind, moves are more abrupt which can crack the arms of the drone faster than the original props. NOT using mine again unless Absolutely necessary. I wish DJI would make the P5P with carbon fiber arms like the M200 series.

Lastnight was another fireworks display across the harbour, recorded it but was stupid display,waste my time,anyway sat at max height with app set at 394ft,hover in place for 14 minutes very nice but bit of a fly around before landing did seem a bit unsteady so definitely changing back,they make for awsome leaf clearing on the driveway though ,, rotor wash is outstanding

I just returned from a camping trip in a northern area of California, near Mt. Shasta. Using the original props on P4P, the prop wash from the trail where I launched the toy really dusted everything for a good 8 feet around, including the camera lens filter, which I had realized until looking through the FPV and sunlight striking all the extra dust. Another time, I cleaned my camping trailer of pine needles which fall from the trees on my property. Prop wash is like anything else, can be used or abused. I think I'll stick to my standard, noisy props and many thanks for this discussion prior to my having ordered the new quieter props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers