Low noise props

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
I've flown with the new props a few times now on a P4P. I think they've been ok but not overly impressed. Slightly less annoying sound. My initial thoughts were that the aircraft was a bit more unstable but I think this is because the props produce slightly more thrust and therefore, the aircraft is more responsive to making position adjustments when hovering. I'd have to do more comparison test flights to be sure however. Previously I flew a P4 and it was a very stable aircraft, as is the P4P. I usually fly with Litchi app also.
If anything it should be less responsive with the higher pitch. Higher pitch required more torque for a given thrust therefore the motors will be unable to increase RPM at the same rate as a lower pitched prop. Higher headspeed with lower pitch on the blades provides for greater performance in CP RC heli’s. It’s like labouring along low RPM in a car, you want quicker throttle response drop it down a gear.

Power in any electro/mechanical device is all a big balancing act. You gain one thing here at lower RPM, lose something there at the same or higher RPM. Glad I am not the engineer trying to design these things.

My new props just arrived last week after over 6 weeks of waiting. TBH I don't really notice a difference in terms of noise reduction, but it does seem to fly a tad smoother. I needed new props anyways since I've been flying with the props from when I originally purchased my bird back in December of 2016.

Just wanted to say the to everyone who has told their story. Its saved me buying the so called quiet props. Given the comments, I can't see a justifiable advantage. Prop decibels is my issue and it seems the Dji new props aren't at all ready for primetime yet. I'd love to see quiet props though. Thx everyone

If these new props were so great and the design was that far ahead in advancement wouldn’t you think the military would use something like this on there helicopters?

What I want more than anything because I love as a hobbyist to fly drones two years now I’m a licensed electrician 52 years old is an American-based drone company to beat the pants off for DJI and come out with some great quads and excellent customer service I hope that day comes

What I want more than anything because I love as a hobbyist to fly drones two years now I’m a licensed electrician 52 years old is an American-based drone company to beat the pants off for DJI and come out with some great quads and excellent customer service I hope that day comes
Would you be prepared to pay a premium price? I would. There is no reason it can’t happen. All the cutting edge tech that makes these drones a reality is purchased form Intel and other entities outside DJI. DJI can put it all together fast and cheap. Cost is at the top of the list for most people when making discretionary purchases so I can’t see it happening any time soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl