low cost FPV goggles setup?

Reaction score
Hi good day pilots! [emoji1944] I'm really on a tight budget here and would like to know if this low cost setup would be even probable? Hope you guys could give inputs and assistance. Thank you so much!

* I want FPV goggles video output besides my phone for my Phantom 4 standard.
* I don't have the HDMI output module for the remote
* I'm a low cost drone enthusiast [emoji28], and have low budget for now. [emoji22]
* I want to use DJI go app only not Litchi.

My idea is this:

> Buy micro USB ---> HDMI cable. (I'm not sure if the micro USB has video out capability [emoji848])
> Plug that to micro USB port in transmitter
> Use Eachine goggles 2 (has HDMI video input).

Can this setup work for low cost FPV goggles view? Hehe.
Here are the cable & goggles I am eyeing to purchase:

thank you guys! Hope you could help me. [emoji120]
images.jpeg
Shopee_ed6957a8bc80c23b99b5b2915e5f72f1.jpeg

I just sold a p3p with a 300C remote and goggles. It used a micro USB to HDMI plug and Yuneek Skyview goggles. worked great and very inexpensive

I tried the same thing with the new dji goggles doesn't work. But if you have the tab Shield for your screen, it has an mini hdmi out. If the goggles has an hdmi in, it will show everything you see on the Shield. The only other way is to buy the dji white goggles for $ 299.00 Amazon.

I tried the same thing with the new dji goggles doesn't work. But if you have the tab Shield for your screen, it has an mini hdmi out. If the goggles has an hdmi in, it will show everything you see on the Shield. The only other way is to buy the dji white goggles for $ 299.00 Amazon.
Oh I see. that's one clever way to have FPV output besides your phone.

Looks like I'm stuck with my phone display. Anyway, thank you for all your input sir Raymond. [emoji120]

I just sold a p3p with a 300C remote and goggles. It used a micro USB to HDMI plug and Yuneek Skyview goggles. worked great and very inexpensive
Wow! That's a pretty cool feature from the phantom 3 professional. Too bad it isn't available on the P4S. [emoji17] Thank you Capt. KO!

Hi good day pilots! [emoji1944] I'm really on a tight budget here and would like to know if this low cost setup would be even probable? Hope you guys could give inputs and assistance. Thank you so much!

* I want FPV goggles video output besides my phone for my Phantom 4 standard.
* I don't have the HDMI output module for the remote
* I'm a low cost drone enthusiast [emoji28], and have low budget for now. [emoji22]
* I want to use DJI go app only not Litchi.

My idea is this:

> Buy micro USB ---> HDMI cable. (I'm not sure if the micro USB has video out capability [emoji848])
> Plug that to micro USB port in transmitter
> Use Eachine goggles 2 (has HDMI video input).

Can this setup work for low cost FPV goggles view? Hehe.
Here are the cable & goggles I am eyeing to purchase:

thank you guys! Hope you could help me. [emoji120]View attachment 115673View attachment 115674
Not sure if this will help as it takes a little ingenuity but did work for me on a previous drone. I bought one of the cheapo $20 goggles where you slide in your phone. I couldn't find any goggles that didn't have that darn "divider" in the middle (I guess for seeing 3D stuff) so I had to open the things up and do some surgery by removing the plastic divider. Mine was molded into the plastic so I had to use my soldering iron to Melt it off and a Dremmel to smooth the burrs. Don't lose the lenses or get them mixed up if they fall out. Mine did. My old eyes couldn't focus on my iPhone being that close to my face so I had to get a pair of strong reading glasses for this contraption to work. I toyed with the idea of somehow mounting lenses to replace the lousy plastic ones and not need to wear reading glasses. Never got around to trying it. Used this rig for 3 years without any problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.