Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI Goggles Connection to P4Pro HDMI, USB confusion

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by idua, Mar 23, 2018.

1. idua

Having trouble understanding which cable goes where.

Have done the update and registration via DJI Assistant 2 but haven't used the goggles yet and want to see if I have a clear understanding.

Goggles came with a Micro HDMI (plugs into goggles) to Standard HDMI cable but it won't plug into the RC as it accepts only a Mini HDMI after installing the HDMI Output Module. (DJI supplies a cable with a micro on one end and a full size on the other end?) That being said I had an adapter so I can plug into the RC via HDMI.

I can now use my ipad to plug into the USB and the Goggles are plugged into the HDMI port and use both at the same time until I am familiar with the Googles.

Now if I want to just use the RC and Googles via USB, - The only USB connection on the goggles is on the headband (for charging) so the other end of that cable plugs into the RC USB full size port?

I keep reading the head tracking is available via USB but didn't think USB could pass anything more that power let alone video so what am I missing here

Hope i'm not to confused... but appreciate the help!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

That's the correct port to use. You can use the micro USB cable that comes with the DJI Goggles to connect the USB port on your remote controller to the micro USB port on the DJI Goggles.

3. ianzone

Hi Yeh strange set up alright,I got old p4 had to fit hdmi for goggles,what,hdmi cable to big,had to get adapter for hdmi port,in mean time was just using large usb port like you describe, we'll felt like I waste my money on module if can just use usb port to goggle charging plug (stumped)anyway I run both now ,also if just using goggles without app you get flight restrictions like not logged in,,mate I'm still confused;)even though it works

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

To work around that issue, start up the Phantom while it's connected to a mobile device running DJI GO and wait until it shows it's ready to fly. Then, disconnect the mobile device and connect the DJI Goggles.

ianzone likes this.
  5. idua

Ok, I had thought you would get more options using HDMI connect but then would be without head tracking so I will experiment tomorrow.

ianzone likes this.