DJI Goggles Connection to P4Pro HDMI, USB confusion

Reaction score
Having trouble understanding which cable goes where.

Have done the update and registration via DJI Assistant 2 but haven't used the goggles yet and want to see if I have a clear understanding.

Goggles came with a Micro HDMI (plugs into goggles) to Standard HDMI cable but it won't plug into the RC as it accepts only a Mini HDMI after installing the HDMI Output Module. (DJI supplies a cable with a micro on one end and a full size on the other end?) That being said I had an adapter so I can plug into the RC via HDMI.

I can now use my ipad to plug into the USB and the Goggles are plugged into the HDMI port and use both at the same time until I am familiar with the Googles.

Now if I want to just use the RC and Googles via USB, - The only USB connection on the goggles is on the headband (for charging) so the other end of that cable plugs into the RC USB full size port?

I keep reading the head tracking is available via USB but didn't think USB could pass anything more that power let alone video so what am I missing here

Hope i'm not to confused... but appreciate the help!

Now if I want to just use the RC and Googles via USB, - The only USB connection on the goggles is on the headband (for charging) so the other end of that cable plugs into the RC USB full size port?
That's the correct port to use. You can use the micro USB cable that comes with the DJI Goggles to connect the USB port on your remote controller to the micro USB port on the DJI Goggles.

Hi Yeh strange set up alright,I got old p4 had to fit hdmi for goggles,what,hdmi cable to big,had to get adapter for hdmi port,in mean time was just using large usb port like you describe, we'll felt like I waste my money on module if can just use usb port to goggle charging plug (stumped)anyway I run both now ,also if just using goggles without app you get flight restrictions like not logged in,,mate I'm still confused;)even though it works

if just using goggles without app you get flight restrictions like not logged in
To work around that issue, start up the Phantom while it's connected to a mobile device running DJI GO and wait until it shows it's ready to fly. Then, disconnect the mobile device and connect the DJI Goggles.

So what are the chances of using a USB "splitter" on RC to run both goggles and tablet?
There are 2 USB ports one mini and a maxi? on the RC. I just get a little lost sometimes with the goggles and want to see the map on the tablet to get home. To get the full functionality of the goggles it needs USB connectivity (sept Mavic) but miss the map on the tab. Maybe an up grade latter.

Is it right that it will only read dji files from the SD slot. ???? I have so many movies to watch!!!!

So what are the chances of using a USB "splitter" on RC to run both goggles and tablet?
That won't work.

I just get a little lost sometimes with the goggles and want to see the map on the tablet to get home.
There are only two ways to do that:

1) Install the HDMI Output Module on the remote controller like this and connect the DJI Goggles to the HDMI port on that module.

2) Use a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1).

Last edited:
OK ...so if connected to RC via HDMI you can get the map in the goggles? HDMI as I understand will loose head tracking?

so if connected to RC via HDMI you can get the map in the goggles?
Yes.

HDMI as I understand will loose head tracking?
You will lose all of the extra features in the DJI Goggles. HDMI via the HDMI Output Module will show you the live view in the DJI Goggles (similar to what you see when connected via USB). HDMI via the HDMI port on a tablet will mirror the tablet screen (allowing you to see the map).

OK thanks good to know......so if you were connected to your rc (HDMI) how can you take off? Is their some function on the rc?

if you were connected to your rc (HDMI) how can you take off? Is their some function on the rc?
Manually start the motors and move the throttle stick to the full up position. Or use the auto takeoff function from DJI GO on your tablet.

Manually start motors is by by moving the left stick up a small amount? I presume this will work with the goggles in either USB or HDMI. I don't have the module fitted (yet) and just wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Messing with USB cords in flight is not for me and prefer set up then fly ..... Thanks again for all your help

Manually start motors is by by moving the left stick up a small amount?
The ground is the largest obstacle, so I prefer to go full throttle stick up until the Phantom is up in the air 10+ feet.

I presume this will work with the goggles in either USB or HDMI.
Yes. The Phantom is always flown with the remote controller, so you can manually take off no matter what you have attached to the remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic