Low clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is a video I got of me above a low cloud in town. Thing is I thought I wasnt going to get the video cause as I reached 300-375 feet high I still saw cloud but it broke right at 390 feet.

Q&A

Temp outside? 20-30 degrees farenheit

Was it wet after the flight? Yes very mild there was some dew on my props and on the shells and on the lens of camera. Simply wiped it down brought it in set it in front of heater to eliminate humidity wetness inside shell cause u never know still flys fine.

Dangerous? No not really I fly straight up do a 360 in the same spot then descend

Anxiety? Cant see it going up or down that's the only weird part.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Here is a video I got of me above a low cloud in town. Thing is I thought I wasnt going to get the video cause as I reached 300-375 feet high I still saw cloud but it broke right at 390 feet.

Q&A

Was it wet after the flight? Yes very mild there was some dew on my props and on the shells and on the lens of camera. Simply wiped it down brought it in set it in front of heater to eliminate humidity wetness inside shell cause u never know still flys fine.

Dangerous? No not really I fly straight up do a 360 in the same spot then descend

Ok where's the video

Q&A

Man that's thick alright looks cold under the cloud , above looked very cool,so still
Enjoyed that;)

Reactions: Drone Freedom27

Q&A

Amazing footage, Something about being above the clouds is magical and mystical. very cool.

That is soooo illegal. the Law is you must stay 500 feet below clouds, 2000 feet to the side of clouds and 1000 feet about clouds. You must not at all fly through clouds and you must be able to see your drone at all times. This is Why the FAA is pushing Remote ID which screws the legal flying pilot, but on the flip side will put pilots that do this in jail.

Reactions: 10X and JMFinch
Lmao drone police uh oh and if its 500 feet below a cloud lmao then how do I go -500 as the cloud was sitting ontop of me I guess I better start digging so I can please you. Next will be I cant wear shoes while flying in a chair. Or even breathe fresh air.
That is soooo illegal. the Law is you must stay 500 feet below clouds, 2000 feet to the side of clouds and 1000 feet about clouds. You must not at all fly through clouds and you must be able to see your drone at all times. This is Why the FAA is pushing Remote ID which screws the legal flying pilot, but on the flip side will put pilots that do this in jail.

Lmao drone police uh oh and if its 500 feet below a cloud lmao then how do I go -500 as the cloud was sitting ontop of me I guess I better start digging so I can please you. Next will be I cant wear shoes while flying in a chair. Or even breathe fresh air.
Huh? Did you fly up through the cloud or did you fly to 400 ft in clear air(2000 ft horizontal distacne) and then pan? If you flew up through the cloud, I would agree that what you did was illegal.

Only thing you said that was right was flying In Line Of Sight.
Where you found that other I’ve never seen.
Now I have deleted post, issued warnings and going to quote from our guidelines.
15. The Community Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the community owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations.
Now being I don’t see this getting any better it is
CLOSED

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.