Lost USB connection, can't get it to recognize

I am bringing it to the office to try a card reader.

But after that much hours trying to troubleshoot I don't think it's the card.

Can you please tell me what's the correct order to start these two? If I start my remote then the aircraft there is no way that they connect. If I do the reverse once in awhile they connect, but after a couple of minutes all the recording options gets greyed out, I loose control of gimbal but video stream continues.

I start the remote first with phone connected, then start the drone and wait for it to settle down and initialise. I'm using dji go 4 and don't have any problems. Some folk start the RC, then the drone and finally connect with their device.
As for the card reader, you should be able to check which of devices is giving you grief. Process of elimination.

I start the remote first with phone connected, then start the drone and wait for it to settle down and initialise. I'm using dji go 4 and don't have any problems. Some folk start the RC, then the drone and finally connect with their device.
As for the card reader, you should be able to check which of devices is giving you grief. Process of elimination.

If it would be the SD Card it would have no issues connecting without an SD card, is that a correct assumption?

Correct, you don't need the SD card to fire up the drone package. It may prompt you that you don't have one inserted, but you should be right to fly etc.

I borrowed a microSD card reader. Formatted the SD Card on my macbook, plugged the unit in to refresh to the latest firmware.

I was connected for about a minute and I lost gimbal control and everything again.

Attaching a video.

Did you check that the card reader was able to see your video files on your computer before you formatted the SD card? Having to refresh your firmware shouldn't be in the equation as your issues were with copying the files across to your computer. Have you checked to see if you have the current firmware updates as displayed in your app? RC is 1.8, drone is 01.02.06 or similar ( I don't have my drone connected at the moment to confirm the exact numbers).

Did you check that the card reader was able to see your video files on your computer before you formatted the SD card? Having to refresh your firmware shouldn't be in the equation as your issues were with copying the files across to your computer. Have you checked to see if you have the current firmware updates as displayed in your app? RC is 1.8, drone is 01.02.06 or similar ( I don't have my drone connected at the moment to confirm the exact numbers).

Yes card reader was able to see the DCIM folder. Remote sometimes shows firmware update needed then it goes away. When I click the middle green button (GPS Ready to Go) it shows updates needed. When I go to home screen no matter how long I wait no updates shows up.

I connect the device, update the firmware sometimes fails sometimes updates successfully.

Not sure what's happening. I guess I'll bring it back tomorrow on my way to work.

Thank you for all your help tevek. I appreciate it.

Well at least you're making headway with the file transfer. I wouldn't upgrade the firmware assuming you are running the latest firmware as posted earlier. As for update notices, it should pop up on your home screen at the top (in blue). After you power up everything you don't enter the camera view, just sit and wait for the update message to appear. Entering the camera view buggers up the sequence. There is a comprehensive procedure posted on this forum by msinger. I use his step by step guide to the letter and never have any problems.

Well at least you're making headway with the file transfer. I wouldn't upgrade the firmware assuming you are running the latest firmware as posted earlier. As for update notices, it should pop up on your home screen at the top (in blue). After you power up everything you don't enter the camera view, just sit and wait for the update message to appear. Entering the camera view buggers up the sequence. There is a comprehensive procedure posted on this forum by msinger. I use his step by step guide to the letter and never have any problems.

How long do you think I should be waiting? I left everything for a solid 5 minutes, fresh start up and not touching anything.

Any chance that you remember msinger's threat's topic so I can make a search?

Thanks!

I have attached a picture of the first part of the firmware upgrade from the guru msinger. If you use the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the forum page and type in P4 firmware upgrade, look for msinger and his reply to one of the threads looking for info on upgrades. His guide looks like the photo, follow it exactly as he says and it will work. Sorry no idea how to post a link using my iPad.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: puredata
I have attached a picture of the first part of the firmware upgrade from the guru msinger. If you use the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the forum page and type in P4 firmware upgrade, look for msinger and his reply to one of the threads looking for info on upgrades. His guide looks like the photo, follow it exactly as he says and it will work. Sorry no idea how to post a link using my iPad.
Here's a link:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/l/127-P4-Update-Firmware

Reactions: puredata and tevek
You're going to beat this! Happy flying.

Followed every step.

Downgrading the RC allowed me to connect to DJI GO 4 app.

At the Step 8 I waited for new firmware update on the home screen more than 20 minutes. Restarted the app waited at least that much again.

No luck.

I have upgraded the Firmware of the aircraft using DJI assistant 2.

Update;

For the controller I needed to go into the app and click updates needed. This offered me to install 1.8.0 for the remote controller. RC had 1.6 before downgrading and currently has 1.5.8

Now I'm trying to download 1.8.0 for the RC. It got interrupted 3 times at %77 now I am trying the fourth time while the RC is off. (Maybe lightbridge is messing with the WiFi)

Last edited:
I have updated the RC to 1.8.0 and refreshed aircraft's FW to the latest using DJI Assistant 2 on Macbook.

I have restored my tablet Nvidia Shield and only downloaded DJI GO 4 app.

As a result I was able to connect the three succesfully and I was able to format the SD Card through the app.

Nonetheless I am still not able to take pictures or record video on the SD Card, record button is either seems greyed out or not working when I press it.

I have plugged the SD in and out and power cycled the unit.

Time to get another SD card :)
Guys I'd like to thank you both of you again. With the steps msinger posted I was able to reconnect the RC, tablet and aircraft back to its problematic position.

At the moment I'm able to fly the device even though Gimbal locks itself midair and sometimes recording just freezes. Video stream goes on but I can't stop recording.

Also P4 can't maintain a connection to the computer issue still going on.

I believe I'll wait a couple more days to see if Mavic will be available at Bestbuy again and if not I'll exchange the unit with a new one. I don't think this is a healthy unit.

I really appreciate the time and effort spent on my issue. I don't want to be paranoid and call my device defective without being sure but I don't think I should be dealing more than 30 hours of troubleshooting with a device with less than an hour of flight time. (Even though now the battery is in its 8 or 9th charging cycle in order to provide power to the aircraft while updating/troubleshooting.

Well after all of that I would be reluctant to fly it even if you were able to get to a working stage. Take it back and see if they can test your new unit before you leave the shop. Must be someone else's turn to pull their hair out. Good luck.

Reactions: puredata
Well after all of that I would be reluctant to fly it even if you were able to get to a working stage. Take it back and see if they can test your new unit before you leave the shop. Must be someone else's turn to pull their hair out. Good luck.

Today at 8:30 am DJI store shows Mavics as in stock. I hope they come back to bestbuy again!

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94