Lost USB connection, can't get it to recognize

Reaction score

Hi,

I was transferring files from my P4 to my macbook and it just got disconnected by itself. The LED next to the usb port blinks red and green then stops blinking completely. Device doesn't connect to remote and to the tablet.

I have tried different USB cables. I'm attaching a video of my setup, any help greatly appreciated!

When I transfer my files from the drone to my PC, I simply plug it in directly. No need for the remote as the files are on the SD card in the drone. Or get a card reader and don't use the drone at all. Not sure why you have everything powered up.

Reactions: puredata
When I transfer my files from the drone to my PC, I simply plug it in directly. No need for the remote as the files are on the SD card in the drone. Or get a card reader and don't use the drone at all. Not sure why you have everything powered up.
I have read it on the forum one person were able to solve their problems by turning on and connecting everything.

I'd buy an SD card reader and do it that way but seems like my problem is bigger at the moment, since I can't connect to the aircraft at all.

Instead of solving the problem by buying an SD card I'd bring back the device to Bestbuy for a refund.

Sorry if I am not understanding of your problem, but if you are transferring your files to your Mac/PC, have you tried just plugging your drone into the computer, turning on your drone and looking for the files to download? Only needs one cable from the micro usb on the drone camera to a USB port on your computer with nothing else required. Works the same for all the phantoms. No need for the RC or tablet.

Sorry if I am not understanding of your problem, but if you are transferring your files to your Mac/PC, have you tried just plugging your drone into the computer, turning on your drone and looking for the files to download? Only needs one cable from the micro usb on the drone camera to a USB port on your computer with nothing else required. Works the same for all the phantoms. No need for the RC or tablet.

Let's forget about the RC or Tablet. I just tried them just in case.

Right now my phantom 4 is fully charged it is on and connected via DJI genuine USB cable. I CAN see the files. When I try to transfer them, transfer starts and interrupts after a while.

I have connected the unit to DJI assistant 2 software on my Mac and Windows. On both computer it's showing up and I have refreshed the latest firmware through the DJI assistant 2 on my Mac.

I have two solid red LED in front arms by the way.

I appreciate your time tevek, I am seeking help on 4 different platforms and you are the only one responds. I just don't want to go to Bestbuy and say this was defective as well since I'm not sure if this time it's going to be an exchange or a return. Tired of problems.

Hmmm, intriguing. The fact that you can see the files is a good thing which means they exist on your drone SD card and everything is working fine as far as filming and recording. I've recently upgraded my computer to achieve more editing grunt as my 2 year old laptop struggled with transferring, editing etc as it was bogged down with insufficient ram, hard drive capacity and too much bloatware crap. If you have access to another computer to confirm it is either a drone or hardware issue, try that. I don't think the problem is with the drone.

I have tried both on Macbook Late 2014 and Hp Windows 10 laptop. Nothing, I have updated the firmware using DJI assistant which went successfully and while I was there I calibrated the device using the software just in case.

Nothing. DJI support chat has 108 customers in queue.

I got a good price with this one, I grabbed it from $849 so I don't want to give it back but if this is going to be the case maybe I should return in back and wait for the Mavic since mavic and P4P seems like DJI's only focus at the moment.

Have you tried using another SD card? I would try another card (ensure it is of the correct class and speed rating) format it, film with it to see that it is not a sd issue. I have had faulty cards in the past but the go app usually tells me if that is the case. I am assuming you have downloaded previous files using the current card in the past? If this is the first time you have done so, there may be an issue with the card all along. Alternatively if you can preview the footage on your tablet/device it proves that all is good with the drone and no need for firmware updates etc. I usually preview the footage on my iPhone to see if any of the files are worth saving on the SD card on the drone.

The SD card is the one came with it and it was working until now.

I'll try to find another micro SD card, I'm connected to DJI support and it's last 13 customers. I'll see if they can offer any insights.

Good luck with dji online support, I hear the level of 'support' varies. If you could afford to lose the footage on your existing card, maybe format it and film with drone sitting on the table to record some footage and try again to download it?

I am connected to DJI support and they are telling me since I have done all the troubleshooting steps I should send the device to DJI to be checked.

Instead I'll print out that conversation and will hit the bestbuy up.

Returning this ****. I am not risking my $850 100 feet above the ground while it's not even working properly on my desktop. This is the second unit!

Well I hope you get some joy instead of the usual send it back and we'll have a look at it rubbish. Love to know what is going on with the SD card issue as I poked around my P4, computer and SD cards to see if there was something I missed. Good luck with attempt number three to restore your faith in drones.

I am connected to DJI support and they are telling me since I have done all the troubleshooting steps I should send the device to DJI to be checked.

Instead I'll print out that conversation and will hit the bestbuy up.

Returning this ****. I am not risking my $850 100 feet above the ground while it's not even working properly on my desktop. This is the second unit!
Video recording and transferring the video data is not related to flying the craft, FYI. But I agree returning it to BB is the way to go if you're within the exchange period. I'm sure BB is used to the high exchange rate of these craft.

Well, thank you guys.

I am afraid something is wrong other than the SD Card.

It seems like it's recognizing the port once and doesn't recognize after a restart at all. SD Card in or not doesn't matter.

Do you guys think shut down time is a little bit longer than usual?

Shut down time for the drone I think you are referring to involves pushing the battery button once then pushing again and holding for a bit to power it down. Takes a couple of seconds to do this. Same process for powering it up. Difficult to work out what the problem is with the other issues, recognising the port I am assuming is when you plug the drone into a computer?

Yes DJI assistant recognizes the unit perfectly fine.

I assume that it's the card reader rather than the card or USB connection.

I have spent about 9 hours trying to solve this. Needed to stop and come to work. I'll work on it after I'm done here.

I have showed good intent and tried many troubleshooting steps.

Unfortunately couldn't hear back from DJI on the forums and seems like DJI support chat wants me to send the device to them

Instead I'll go back to bestbuy indicating the issue and getting a refund. Looks like waiting for the Mavic will be a better option in terms of reliability.

Shame that you didn't get more satisfaction from DJI, this time of year is going to be chaotic in any case. I've had nothing but joy with my P4 and despite a few niggles here and there which are usually my fault, will keep it and continue to build on it rather than get the next model. Are you able exchange it for another, drag it out of the box, test it and check all the functions in the shop. Not sure what Best Buy is but I did that with both of mine before I bought them.

I got it from a great price and my P4 being black is an amazing fact. I would like to keep it but at the same time I can't seem to think anything else to try.

Since you've got nothing to lose anyway, I would buy a good card reader and give it one more go. At least you will have a definite confirmation of where the issue is, drone, connecting cable or computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair