Lost P4 need help with logs

ckf

Reaction score
I was flying today and lost connection with my P4. I kept hitting return to home but it never came back. I was flying with a friend so I didn't hear the motors stop. By the time he landed we couldn't hear anything. I think this is the logs that you need to figure out what happened, but nothing stands out to me.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It looks like you flew your Phantom behind the hill you were standing beside. Since it did not return home when the remote controller signal was lost, it either landed on the side of the hill or crashed into a tree on its journey back to the home point. Look for it around the red circled area below.

Location.jpg

It looks like you flew your Phantom behind the hill you were standing beside. Since it did not return home when the remote controller signal was lost, it either landed on the side of the hill or crashed into a tree on its journey back to the home point. Look for it around the red circled area below.

View attachment 88343
Why does the KLM file from airdata show a different location than your map?
Capture.JPG

Why does the KLM file from airdata show a different location than your map?
View attachment 88352

They are just looking from different perspectives, and the track shown is in the air. You flew behind the hill, as @msinger noted. Your RTH altitude was set to 75 m (246 ft) from a takeoff altitude of 1855 ft MSL. The hill you flew behind goes over 2200 ft MSL, which is at least 100 ft higher than your RTH altitude. It likely hovered in place until it ran out of gas and had to land. The area suggested above is a good place to look.

screenshot23.png

screenshot22.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus