Lost Control at 44' and Crashed

So do you think the VRS was caused by the props? If I use OEM DJI props, do you think the VRS will go away?

So do you think the VRS was caused by the props? If I use OEM DJI props, do you think the VRS will go away?

I can't tell if it was VRS or some other instability due to the flight characteristics of the props or some combination of effects. I would definitely recommend using DJI props.

Reactions: RodPad
I'm a beginner at this and appreciate all the help. Hopefully it was the props and won't repeat. But if it does, at least I've watched some videos on VRS and will know how to recover.

If I use OEM DJI props, do you think the VRS will go away?
I think so. This is the first time I've ever seen what looks like VRS in a Phantom 3 flight log.

I thought VRS as well when the OP said it was rocking side to side as I've seen my drone wobble like crazy under full down, but was assured that VRS cant happen with the P3S and higher drones. I come down while coming back home now just to be safe. Its pretty scary to see that wild wobbling I thought for sure any second it was gonna roll over on me. I pushed full forward and it flew right out of the wobble. I don't even plan on using third party props but its good to know if we do that VRS can be an issue

I've not seen VRS since the P2 which, of course, had no flight log, so that makes it harder to be sure when looking at the log.
VRS or not, OEM DJI props do not cause flight patterns like this. That's the important point to take home.

VRS or not, OEM DJI props do not cause flight patterns like this. That's the important point to take home.
Agree, Read quite a bit of issues with non DJI props I'd rather pay extra for the assurance of good reliable and above all Safe flight.

I was flying my drone a couple of days ago when the program alerted me that my battery was getting low. I started bringing the bird back and was dropping it's altitude when I suddenly had no control and the bird started falling from about 44' altitude and was jerking side to side. It landed on it's top. I flew it once more afterwards and confirmed that everything was OK. Thankfully no damage. I was getting Strong Interference Detected warnings, but I've always flown it with those warnings at home without this happening. When I flew it after the accident to see if it was OK, I had absolutely no Strong Interference warnings. I've uploaded the log and was wondering if anyone can tell me what happened.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PVKFMOS1K6D5KDCS631K/#

Thanks for any help - I'd like to get to the bottom of this before I take another extended flight.
Here is a visual example of VRS (Vortex Ring State). Just learned something new.

Reactions: epicdoom
saw this video after my drone was wobbling was surprised to find I did the right thing by pushing the forward stick forward to fly out of it. I am happy that they are said to not be able to enter this condition on the P3 Series, but seeing it wobble like it was doing will tighten up the Butt cheeks quickly.

Reactions: pomonabill220

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez