Looking for a part

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently crashed my P3 Adv. Thankfully no serious damage but in the course of the crash some of the damping balls along with their pins were disconnected, presumably because of camera impact. I was able to retreive most of the parts after they had fallen off, however, the small foam washer/hollow disc/whatever it's called proved to be impossible to find. I reassembled the damping balls and pins without the washers that were lost, however, that made the assembly slightly uneven and the camera now jiggles slighty during flight.

I first looked on Amazon, plenty of damper kits for sale but none that seemed to include the washers.
Next contacted DJI support thinking that they would be helpful. No need to gripe about it here but that was a mistake. So here I am. I've attached some pictues of the part I'm talking about, it's a foam disc that sits right under the plastic damping pin. The 0097 includes the part, the 0096 is missing the part. If anyone can direct me to a place I can purchase a pack of 4 or something that would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 329
You can buy them here on Amazon.

FYI, you only need to install pins in two of those holes (diagonally from one another) per the Phantom manual:

Manual.jpg

I thought replacements were included with a new purchase..

From the look of it your rubber damper is missing the top of it or you haven't pushed it through properly
Take it off and compare it to another one, the rubbers are freely available on ebay

Reactions: jpiii
As crash1sttime said. I think you misunderstood the shape of the damper: in the first picture there is an intact one, in the second one the damper is ripped and its top part is missing. Just buy a new set of dampers and you are good to go!

From the look of it your rubber damper is missing the top of it or you haven't pushed it through properly
Take it off and compare it to another one, the rubbers are freely available on ebay
I previously thought that there was an extra foam washer or something that sat under the pin between the metal. The "washer" that I thought I needed is just the top of the rubber damper after it has been pushed through. Thank you crash1sttime!

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic