H4-3D Gimbal and changing installed white dampers

Reaction score
I recently acquired a brand new DJI Phantom 2 complete with Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal (I have a GoPro Hero 4 Black) and have put it together for FPV with the iOSD mini, Immersion RC transmitter, internally mounted anti-interference board and a Black Pearl monitor. I have been watching (and very much enjoying) Ifti's Tech Corner YouTube videos on this subject. The one thing I regret doing is putting the securing pins complete with lock washer on the 2 front locations as opposed to the DJI recommended diagonal placement. My white rubber dampers (they were pre-installed on the gimbal, I also have the four 40 deg black ones but no grey ones) came detached from the mounting plate, making it necessary to remove the entire gimbal to correct. I would like to correct this by reinstalling in the recommended positions. My questions are: how do I remove the lock washer from the securing pin; can the lock washer be reused; can I get more of them from somewhere? I have noticed on other threads that people talk about changing the dampers from white to black or grey - how do you do this without wrecking the washers and/or the securing pins? Got me stumped. I have 2 pins and washers leftover but before I cut away the installed ones I am seeking your advice. Thanks in advance.

I recently acquired a brand new DJI Phantom 2 complete with Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal (I have a GoPro Hero 4 Black) and have put it together for FPV with the iOSD mini, Immersion RC transmitter, internally mounted anti-interference board and a Black Pearl monitor. I have been watching (and very much enjoying) Ifti's Tech Corner YouTube videos on this subject. The one thing I regret doing is putting the securing pins complete with lock washer on the 2 front locations as opposed to the DJI recommended diagonal placement. My white rubber dampers (they were pre-installed on the gimbal, I also have the four 40 deg black ones but no grey ones) came detached from the mounting plate, making it necessary to remove the entire gimbal to correct. I would like to correct this by reinstalling in the recommended positions. My questions are: how do I remove the lock washer from the securing pin; can the lock washer be reused; can I get more of them from somewhere? I have noticed on other threads that people talk about changing the dampers from white to black or grey - how do you do this without wrecking the washers and/or the securing pins? Got me stumped. I have 2 pins and washers leftover but before I cut away the installed ones I am seeking your advice. Thanks in advance.

Many of us never used the plastic lock washers instead two zip ties were used. The whole purpose of either ties or lock washers was to keep the camera and gimbal from coming apart in flight or during a hard landing. The whole point of using the dampers was to cut vibrations to the camera but using the stiffer dampers will do just the opposite and I would suggest that you use the white dampers. Some have even tried to mix dampers which weren't a good idea and caused more problem than were solved. Balancing props also cuts down the possibilities of unwanted vibrations while in flight. Although DJI props, for the most part, are well balanced there may be one or two that need balancing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl