LONG RANGE windsurf Antenna's P3 tested

If there was any problem with reflectors DJI would have said something by now. I could only conceivably see a problem if you were really close to the copter and the RC needed to increase the transmit power a lot for some reason, maybe a lot of interference in the area.

But I think basically all the windsurfers do is make the signal more concentrated and directional, which provided you are facing your P3, is a good thing for range and signal strength.

Hi guys,
I have recently bought one of these and they are really effective, in my case not in terms of max distance but (I know is deprecated) to fly in non LOS conditions where there are obstacles between you and the bird (in my case deep rain-forests and wooden light buildings). Their help was "binary": without them no-go, with them OK.

However a suggestion: try to find the ones "certified" tested with laser by the seller, as in: Parabolic reflector shape test

Enjoy!

ps: SWR? Well, 1) too low RF to cause any damage to final stages 2) Considering the good results achieved, I'd say this "antenna system" is pretty efficient, therefore with a good VSWR

hey guys, i just used this method to upgrade my Phantom 3 range ridiculously, it works. range test:

1.5km ---- signal 99%
2.2km signal 85%

conclusion: 20% to 25% more strength in signal for my phantom 3 and a strong HD stream no lags.View attachment 24435 View attachment 24436

5 meter away without custom antenna's
-56DBM

View attachment 24433

5 meter away with custom antenna's
31BDM
View attachment 24434

this is my setup:
Is this something you bought or built. If you bought it where can I get one?

Well...I do have the CE-version and this brings me without windsurfer to 800-900meter range. I have tested this at two different days, same result.

With windsurfer and accurately positioned antenna towards the copter, I got 4300 meters !!!! I needed to return because battery is the restriction, I needed to fly back, came back with 13% rest capacity. If it is not accurately positioned, the range drops to 2500meters.

I bought the DBS ITelite antenna as well, did not tested or installed it yet, but if I would have know that this is such a dramatic effect, I would not have spend my money on it. So, I will install it and I hope it will give me at least the same effect as the windsurfer...

RXwYEx.png

XCPtnq.png

TOP IMAGE is with.... BOTTOM is without..over 12m indoors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik