LONG RANGE windsurf Antenna's P3 tested

Reaction score
hey guys, i just used this method to upgrade my Phantom 3 range ridiculously, it works. range test:

1.5km ---- signal 99%
2.2km signal 85%

conclusion: 20% to 25% more strength in signal for my phantom 3 and a strong HD stream no lags.
20150710064256.jpg
20150710064257.jpg

5 meter away without custom antenna's
-56DBM

20150710064252.jpg

5 meter away with custom antenna's
31BDM
20150710064246.jpg

this is my setup:

Im wondering is this not a tuned system and changing things not going to stress RF outputs etc
Just goto thinking back to radio days with RF and SWR and all that
Im no expert and yes i have tried this to
Maybe there are them who know more can shed some light to say if these mods cause things to in the end give up

Im wondering is this not a tuned system and changing things not going to stress RF outputs etc
Just goto thinking back to radio days with RF and SWR and all that
Im no expert and yes i have tried this to
Maybe there are them who know more can shed some light to say if these mods cause things to in the end give up
sorry but i did not get overall what u said thank you for your reply anw

If I may Dan,

It seems he is curious about the tuned nature of this LightBridge/control system and if the SWR is affected enough to 'reflect' to much energy back into the RF final section (amp).

If I may Dan,

It seems he is curious about the tuned nature of this LightBridge/control system and if the SWR is affected enough to 'reflect' to much energy back into the RF final section (amp).
so your saying that this might damage the system cause its already tuned?

I feel awkward stepping in on his post but I believe that is his question.
Not so much a statement that it will cause damage here but in some systems reflected energy can be damaging.

Again, NOT saying this device is capable of causing damage.

Reactions: elie kattar
I feel awkward stepping in on his post but I believe that is his question.
Not so much a statement that it will cause damage here but in some systems reflected energy can be damaging.

Again, NOT saying this device is capable of causing damage.
Like what damage? Melting someone? Burning a hole in the wall? Cancer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like what damage? Melting someone? Burning a hole in the wall? Cancer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The discussion is likely more academic than a real issue with this low power transmitter.
However academic discussions can educate and inform those who choose to participate which can be a good side effect of threads going off-topic for a bit.

The core issue is VSWR created by these passive reflectors. Do the create enough reflectance back into the radio to damage the finals of the transmitter.

The discussion is likely more academic than a real issue with this low power transmitter.
However academic discussions can educate and inform those who choose to participate which can be a good side effect of threads going off-topic for a bit.

The core issue is VSWR created by these passive reflectors. Do the create enough reflectance back into the radio to damage the finals of the transmitter.
So i can understand that there is a small chance that the beam concentration back to transmitter could cause some damage to the finals of the transmitter even if you highlighted that its not exactly what you are assuming it is, but in general the theory is practical and can happen.. thx for the insight

So i can understand that there is a small chance that the beam concentration back to transmitter could cause some damage to the finals of the transmitter even if you highlighted that its not exactly what you are assuming it is, but in general the theory is practical and can happen.. thx for the insight

You don't need to worry about any damage coming to your transmitter by using this style of reflector. It's fine. no worries :)

View attachment 24452 Phantompilots edition :) Preparing for long range test later today.

Nice job with yours. I was going to post my own thread and such regarding these when I got my own P3 transmitter to demonstrate it on. Though I have a slightly different design in mind that may give slightly more signal boost than the way you have yours setup.

Hey thx for your reply basicly why I was concerned more is because someone was so helpful ( bluerider) byexplaining this to me: "A high SWR (standing wave ratio) can certainly damage the final stage in older transmitters, and adding this type of modification can increase the SWR. but the newer (DJI) digital PLL transmitter will not be damaged by anything less than about 5:1, which basically is removing the antenna, if the SWR goes too high it will affect performance though. The SWR is the ratio of reflected power to radiated power, as one goes up the other goes down. I do have both a fieldstrength meter and a VSWR meter, the later of which will not be of use as it is inline coaxial. I am going to make a set of these this weekend and will use the FSM to test radiated RF with, and without, which will give a ball park estimate of effectiveness. It will be interesting" and i am investigating more just to make sure i am on the safe side :) can i ask you how are u so sure that this might not affect the transmitter? And thx alot

I have ordered one as well!!
I fly to a park in my. Neighborhood that's about a 1/4mile away and I lose everything!!
Sometimes it takes me 5-10 minutes to get a signal to hit the return home button!!
I see some of the distance these guys are getting on here and I'm thinking to myself no F N way!! [emoji15]
So I'm going to try one!!
Can't remember where I got it on Amazon but it was in STOCK and it's takin me two months to get it!!!

hey guys, i just used this method to upgrade my Phantom 3 range ridiculously, it works. range test:

1.5km ---- signal 99%
2.2km signal 85%

conclusion: 20% to 25% more strength in signal for my phantom 3 and a strong HD stream no lags.View attachment 24435 View attachment 24436

5 meter away without custom antenna's
-56DBM

View attachment 24433

5 meter away with custom antenna's
31BDM
View attachment 24434

this is my setup:

Sorry, for cutting in but, that looks complicated to install and your controller doesn't look like the controller on my Standard...

Reactions: dirkclod
Sorry, for cutting in but, that looks complicated to install and your controller doesn't look like the controller on my Standard...
You didn't cut in buddy :) They quit talking 5 month's ago ;)

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj