Locktite on Graupner Props

Reaction score
Make sure you use it! Had the props come loose about 30 seconds into first flight, fortunately it was low and the Phantom is fine, but the props and trashcan have seen better days! Quickest 50 bucks I ever spent! :x

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 753
sorry to hear.

I'm a firm believer that careful application of loctite is safe so long as you keep it away from plastic.
(for a moment I thought your damage was caused by loctite based on the title).

Did you use a washer underneath your graupners to raise them up a bit higher?

I heard about the loctite on plastic and wil definitely be careful when I order a new set of props.

No washer, They all fit pretty securely and in the same spot on all four rotors. Might be worth looking into next time though! Have you seen successful results with washers?

it's a bit of a grey area,. some people claim they can put their graupners on without the need for washers..
yet others insist on it, some vendors sell washers with the graupners,.and there's even a video online where someone goes thru the trouble of using a dremel to scruff up steel washers. (8mm washers) - with nearly 1000 hits!#.

I have yet to put my graupners on, but i bought the washers and found them to be a bit loose fitting.. with all the talk about balancing motors i wasn't too thrilled tho.

so I found some FIBER washers, that were 5/16" inner diameter/ 3/4" outer diameter, and they fit perfectly, and are a bit scratchy as well., so I'll go with those. (along with a few drops of loctite of course)

imfuller said:
Where did you find those fiber washers? Got any pics?

I found them at my local True Value hardware store. (here in Los Angeles).

I got them for 40 cents each., as they were individual in a box.

But i did take a pic of the the specs .just so i could remember and share..
here's what it is:
http://wedo.hillmangroup.com/item/rubbe ... ers/3819-k

not sure where to find them sold individually online or in smaller packs,. but check your local hardware store perhaps.

P1240760Custom_zps7b0307a3.jpg

I am using this Loctite tape with good result. I cut it in half about 1" long and wrap it clockwise.
Unlike liquid type, it will not run.

P1240752Custom_zps007b048d.jpg

P1240753Custom_zps2105f12b.jpg

I use the titanium flange nuts.

The package says for 1/4" bolt and up but it works fine with a couple wraps over our 6 mm Phantom shaft.
Best price should be around $13 on Amazon but will last very long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing