Litchi waypoint mission won't start/upload?

Silly thought, but one that caught me out for a while - do you have a firewall (such as mobiwol) switched on? Other than that, forgetting to switch to F mode and not killing the DJI app are my biggest bugbears..

I'll second that. With Android, you have to shut down the DJI Go, AND Force Close the DJI Go app also. Doing just the shutdown of DJI Go is not good enough. It will sort of work if you only do the shutdown, but Litchi will not behave correctly unless you force close DJI Go through the application manager too.

I'll second that. With Android, you have to shut down the DJI Go, AND Force Close the DJI Go app also. Doing just the shutdown of DJI Go is not good enough. It will sort of work if you only do the shutdown, but Litchi will not behave correctly unless you force close DJI Go through the application manager too.
Yes, good catch. I didn't really make that clear.

I'm not sure what you mean. There's a load and save icon where you can load missions and save them, and then a play icon where you can start the mission.

I just want to confirm that you are not alone. I have exactly the same issue with P3A! I have the latest Litchi (Android) versio and.tried two different missions. One of the missions succeeded after retrying mission start a couple of times.
At the left there is the Start/Pause mission button (symbols a Play button). This opens the Preflight Report window where a Go and a Cancel button is displayed. Pressing the Go button should start the mission. No separate mission "upload" functions are available as far as I know.
Also, DJI GO app is not (and never was) installed on the tablet I'm currently using.

Last edited:
Yes, the Play button presents a message to operator, and the mission is immediately uploaded to the Phantom when the Go button is pressed, if the controller is in F-Mode. If in P-Mode, the mission will not upload to the Phantom and the app will give you a reminder that you must be in F-Mode.

I just want to confirm that you are not alone. I have exactly the same issue with P3A! I have the latest Litchi (Android) versio and.tried two different missions. One of the missions succeeded after retrying mission start a couple of times.
At the left there is the Start/Pause mission button (symbols a Play button). This opens the Preflight Report window where a Go and a Cancel button is displayed. Pressing the Go button should start the mission. No separate mission "upload" functions are available as far as I know.
Also, DJI GO app is not (and never was) installed on the tablet I'm currently using.

Today I completed two different test-missions successfully. They were executed at a different location, starting from a wide open field. The difference this time was that 1) I entered "F" mode on the remote already before turning the power on the drone and 2) started the mission from ground (as some suggested here earlier). Hence this will be my approach also in the future, let's see if this is the final cure. Of course, this means that the first waypoint must be accessible without any obstacles in between it and the home location.

i also have this problem, test on 3 difrent mission, just stay in the air .

than I test reboot all , still the same no mission loaded .

than i test turn on usb debug ... wow mission uploaded normal .

Today I completed two different test-missions successfully. They were executed at a different location, starting from a wide open field. The difference this time was that 1) I entered "F" mode on the remote already before turning the power on the drone and 2) started the mission from ground (as some suggested here earlier). Hence this will be my approach also in the future, let's see if this is the final cure. Of course, this means that the first waypoint must be accessible without any obstacles in between it and the home location.
Yes, when you start a mission from the ground, the bird will first climb to about 6 m (20 ft) then fly directly to the first waypoint. Wherever you put your first waypoint, make sure that line is clear. Even if you start the mission with the bird already in the air, it will still fly direct, so the same cautions about obstacles holds. And don't forget that straight line on the return after the mission.

I'm also having this problem on Android. One event that I think is important but doesn't seem to be getting much emphasis is that at the point after one starts the mission, acknowledges the pre-flight check and presses Go is that a postage-stamp status box pops up mid-screen saying "Uploading... 0%" and doesn't increment. Once (my very first attempt), that box disappeared after about 20 seconds without ever moving from zero for about 19.9 of those seconds and then my P3S auto-started, took off and flew the mission. Unfortunately, I forgot to start the video (very short 5 point 50 second one for testing purposes) and I was immediately unable to get the uploading message to advance during a repeat attempt. Once it timed out with "not in <correct> mode" - my bad, and once it timed out with "not all waypoints loaded" (huh?).

I'm never more than 10' distant from bird and remote at this juncture but I regularly wait more than 90 seconds with 0% unchanging before giving up and trying some other trouble-shooting variation. This has been ongoing over several days with several different missions in different locations.

I believe those folk who are having success are probably not noticing the "uploading n%" because it whizzes by to 100% quite quickly but for those of us stuck, it doesn't. Consequently, whilst there's an upload from hub to tablet, there's an additional upload from tablet to bird that's not succeeding. I'm looking for a way to diagnose THAT upload (the one AFTER the successful pre-flight check).

I've tried all the obvious things (valid mission, correct mode, strong signals, pre-flight passed). The things I'm yet to try are turn on USB debugging a la axbagus (seems pointless in a wifi environment P3Std - no USB connection!) and turn on curves (not sure why this would change anything). I've already tried entering F-mode before turning everything on.

It would be good to find a log file somewhere that says what's happening for the 90 or more seconds of "uploading 0%". Any suggestions?

Reactions: Gusse
Latest flight http://healthydrones.com/main?share=UoAKQw .. No screen recorder, DJI Go app not installed. Attempted Way Point mission with Litchi ... F Mode selected.. Loaded mission, confirmed, Uploading 0% window appears... wait 30secs... does not upload(?) .. 0% window remains on screen and mission does not start. Back to P-mode/FPV. See HD Notifications (above link) - Warning re waypoints??

I have read through this thread twice and I am wondering about the sequence of switching from P mode to F mode.

The only time I had a problem with Litchi is because I forgot to switch from GPS to F.
I am using an Android. Here's a sequence I follow:

I get the homepoint established in GPS mode and then bring the bird up to 150 feet or so.
let it hover (lots of trees in my area)

switch to F mode and then enter waypoint mode

look for the file I want to load

press 'load' (assuming you've checked this file and all the correct waypoint settings, i.e. height in particular)
then press play

then 'go'
after which the mission file loads quickly to the bird (a second or two) and off it goes to first waypoint.

There might be some redundancy in my sequence, but I think the switch from GPS to F mode at the right time is most significant here.

.... but I think the switch from GPS to F mode at the right time is most significant here.

You might be right, but I have sometimes switched to F mode early and it works fine every time. And sometimes I forget to switch until very late in the sequence, which prompts me with a message reminding me to switch to F mode, which also works every time. So I am not sure the switch sequence order or timing is significant or not.

When I read this message, I had a hard time coming up with an explanation for why the upload might be getting stalled like that. It always happens nearly instantaneously for me.

I wonder if the sync between Litchi Mission Hub and the phone/tablet could be part of the problem. If the mission is created on a desktop in the Mission Hub, then it obviously needs to sync with the control device, before the control device can upload the new mission to the bird. Since the WiFi link cannot be connected to both at the same time, there needs to another path for the sync to happen. Could the mobile data link (non wifi) be trying to complete the sync with mission hub while the bird is being uploaded? If the phone/tablet is in Airplane Mode when the Litchi app is opened, and the Wifi is connected solely to the bird, how does the sync work? Does it depend on the Litchi app being opened before the connection to the bird, while device is still connected to the internet, so the device can be synced with Mission Hub before the flight?

The app is obviously waiting on something to happen before it will upload the mission, and the only two things I know it needs are a switch to F-mode, and a valid mission plan in memory on the control device.

You might be right, but I have sometimes switched to F mode early and it works fine every time. And sometimes I forget to switch until very late in the sequence, which prompts me with a message reminding me to switch to F mode, which also works every time. So I am not sure the switch sequence order or timing is significant or not.

When I read this message, I had a hard time coming up with an explanation for why the upload might be getting stalled like that. It always happens nearly instantaneously for me.

I wonder if the sync between Litchi Mission Hub and the phone/tablet could be part of the problem. If the mission is created on a desktop in the Mission Hub, then it obviously needs to sync with the control device, before the control device can upload the new mission to the bird. Since the WiFi link cannot be connected to both at the same time, there needs to another path for the sync to happen. Could the mobile data link (non wifi) be trying to complete the sync with mission hub while the bird is being uploaded? If the phone/tablet is in Airplane Mode when the Litchi app is opened, and the Wifi is connected solely to the bird, how does the sync work? Does it depend on the Litchi app being opened before the connection to the bird, while device is still connected to the internet, so the device can be synced with Mission Hub before the flight?

The app is obviously waiting on something to happen before it will upload the mission, and the only two things I know it needs are a switch to F-mode, and a valid mission plan in memory on the control device.

That would explain the lag.

But why go from the Litchi Mission Hub to phone (or tablet) and then to the bird? I figure the mission hub is for designing a waypoint run and tweaking it and then you copy it to your phone. When you are ready to fly the mission hub is not part of the circuit. And after the mission starts, the phone or tablet is not even part of the circuit.

Why would you use the Litchi hub at the point of executing a waypoint mission?

Am I missing something here?

Actually, I never copy and paste. Nor do I sync manually. It all syncs automatically without any action on my part. I don't even know where the missions go on the phone because the app takes care of it and all the missions are there whenever I open the app. I don't ever open the Mission Hub at flight time.

I wonder if the sync between Litchi Mission Hub and the phone/tablet could be part of the problem. If the mission is created on a desktop in the Mission Hub, then it obviously needs to sync with the control device, before the control device can upload the new mission to the bird.

I can confirm that this is NOT the case when I have encountered the "0% loaded" timing-out issue.

The mission has been resident and editable on my tablet days before trying to launch the craft. Additionally, the mission successfully passed the pre-flight check! (Well, right up to the "upload" point.)

Last time I tried, I accidentally got success when I gave up on the 0% message and opened a way-point to check it's parameters. Upon the individual waypoint dialogue displaying in Litchi on the tablet (in the field), the craft immediately started its engines, launched, hovered and flew the mission!

It was unclear to me whether this was a coincidental timing issue and would have happened had I touched nothing, or whether opening the waypoint dialogue (I think it was, say, waypoint 8 that I opened but the mission executed from 1 thru 12) caused the upload to complete?

Unfortunately, I'm interstate from my bird and haven't had a chance to test further.

Hi Folks,

I'm having the same issue where I'm not able to upload any waypoint missions with my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet model SM-T520. I believe this may be an issue with the latest version of Litchi as I had no problem in the past with the same tablet. I've checked all settings in both the DJI Go and Lithchi apps and configured then in line with what others have posted in the previous discussions on this thread. This is frustrating to say the least. All I'm getting is 0% load and then timeout. The strange thing is when I use my mobile device, (Samsung Galaxy note 5) the waypoint missions load flawlessly. Has anyone found a workaround or solution yet?

I use the Samsung Note 5 for Litchi missions and it always seems very stable and reliable. I've never seen the upload lag issue in dozens of missions. Is the SM-T520 a wifi only device? No cellular data connection?

I use the Samsung Note 5 for Litchi missions and it always seems very stable and reliable. I've never seen the upload lag issue in dozens of missions. Is the SM-T520 a wifi only device? No cellular data connection?

Hi Skyhog,
Yes the Samsung SM-T520 is wifi only.

Been reading this thread in bed on my phone so apologies if I've missed a few points.
I use litchi extensively without issue...loading missions both in the air and prior to take off. Occasionally I get the mission failed to load thing but I just load it again and it works.
I've heard reports that litchi is problematic with the P3 running the latest firmware...could this be an issue?
I haven't updated my p3p firmware since I got the bird as I'm happy enough with its performance and now would be reluctant to do so incase I lose the mission functionality with litchi.
Again my eyes are half shut here...3am...sorry if I'm on the wrong track lol

Have used my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705Y (4G+Wifi) without issues for many, many missions. Missions loaded, orbits started.. all OK. Since Litchi version 3.9.0, etc signal strength as reported in Healthydrones is Very Poor... video choppy, mission load hangs at 0%, Orbit fails to start. Stopped using Mobizen screen recorder... no improvement. Tried latest Litchi v3.10.5 on my Samsung Galaxy phone S5, everything runs perfectly. Support for Mavic Pro in Litchi v3.9.0, P4 Pro in v3.10.0 and Inspire 2 in v3.10.2 added to Litchi app... has this introduced problems?? Or is my SM-T705Y not powerful enough anymore?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers