Litchi waypoint mission won't start/upload?

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm pretty new to the drone thing and loving it. So I bought the Litchi app specifically so I could take some solid areal footage of my dad's farm.

I set up some small missions to orbit around the outbuildings and barns, as well as a cable cam type of shot going down the property line.

None of the waypoints are too far apart, they're all at 120ft altitude, and there aren't any warnings.

The missions sync to the app (running on Android 5.0.2, Asus ZenPad) with no problem. I take off and take it up to about 60ft, flip to F_GPS, and press play. At that point, the drone will sit there and do nothing.

I don't get any warnings - nothing - it just simply doesn't fly the mission. I've done some very basic course lock videos in the DJI Go app, and they works with no issue, so I'm not sure why Litchi is having such a hard time.

Is there something I'm missing in the help files that are keeping me from running these missions?

Also, if I upload a mission, does it override the previous mission or does it append the mission? I was unable to find anywhere in the Litchi app a place where I could clear previous flight paths.

mission-1.jpg

mission-2.jpg

Will it work if you create the waypoints on the tablet instead of syncing from the web?

I run the IOS version and what you have described is what I do to run a mission. But I don't take it up off the ground first. I start the mission from the ground. Plus I start it all in "F-GPS" mode.

You said that the missions synched to the app. Where did you create the missions? Once the missions are in the app, you still have to load one into the bird. Use the "load mission" icon on the left side of the screen. Once you get confirmation that the mission has loaded, tap the "start mission" icon on the left side.

Hi all. I'm pretty new to the drone thing and loving it. So I bought the Litchi app specifically so I could take some solid areal footage of my dad's farm.

I set up some small missions to orbit around the outbuildings and barns, as well as a cable cam type of shot going down the property line.

None of the waypoints are too far apart, they're all at 120ft altitude, and there aren't any warnings.

The missions sync to the app (running on Android 5.0.2, Asus ZenPad) with no problem. I take off and take it up to about 60ft, flip to F_GPS, and press play. At that point, the drone will sit there and do nothing.

I don't get any warnings - nothing - it just simply doesn't fly the mission. I've done some very basic course lock videos in the DJI Go app, and they works with no issue, so I'm not sure why Litchi is having such a hard time.

Is there something I'm missing in the help files that are keeping me from running these missions?

Also, if I upload a mission, does it override the previous mission or does it append the mission? I was unable to find anywhere in the Litchi app a place where I could clear previous flight paths.

mission-1.jpg

mission-2.jpg
I noticed that in the 'farm orbit' that you appear to have 'curved paths' set. Note that waypoint actions like "take photo" would take place in that mode. Have to have 'straight lines' set.

You said that the missions synched to the app. Where did you create the missions? Once the missions are in the app, you still have to load one into the bird. Use the "load mission" icon on the left side of the screen. Once you get confirmation that the mission has loaded, tap the "start mission" icon on the left side.

I'm creating the missions on the litchi hub web app. I do click the upload icon and the modal window pops up in the app to select the mission and I see it load and overlay on the map. That's when I hit the play button, get the confirmation and then hit the "GO" button. It's at that point that the drone just sits there, fat dumb and stupid :)

I noticed that in the 'farm orbit' that you appear to have 'curved paths' set. Note that waypoint actions like "take photo" would take place in that mode. Have to have 'straight lines' set.

Yup, I plan on starting the recording manually as soon as the bird starts heading towards waypoint 1, but I've got to get it headed that way first.

I'll check when I get home but can you even load a mission while connected to the phantom wifi? I think you have to load the mission before you connect to phantom wifi.... I think!

I'll check when I get home but can you even load a mission while connected to the phantom wifi? I think you have to load the mission before you connect to phantom wifi.... I think!

Yup, I load the app first and make sure the missions are there first, then connect to the drone's wifi right before take off.

do you have enough satellite locks? I think you need 8.
Yeah, he's way out in the sticks, but we're picking up 10-14 satellites.

Is there any way to save the waypoints and load them into the DJO Go app as a waypoint mission?

Yes you can contact Litchi by email, the are a bit slow but do get back to you. I use IOS to create, save and fly missions directly on the device with no problems. Not sure if android is different, but the principle should be the same. As long as I have GPS, I create a mission offline, give it a name and when I fly, select it, load it and run the mission. To remove the mission, I highlight the mission, swipe left and the option to delete pops up. I too launch the mission from the ground as my first and last waypoints are close to home in case I have any challenges.

I use it on Android without a problem, I'm flying Inspire 1 Pro now, it worked great on my P3A though. It may be a WiFi connection issue. I would definitely give just a small waypoint mission straight from the tablet a shot though and see if it works.

Reactions: Pharm
I'm no litchi user, but I see that @Richard R said in post #4 that the mission has to be uploaded to the Phantom. And I keep seeing the OP talking about uploading from the hub to the app on the phone.
@pfriedl, are you uploading the mission to the Phantom before you lift off?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm no litchi user, but I see that @Richard R said in post #4 that the mission has to be uploaded to the Phantom. And I keep seeing the OP talking about uploading from the hub to the app on the phone.
@pfriedl, are you uploading the mission to the Phantom before you lift off?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you mean. There's a load and save icon where you can load missions and save them, and then a play icon where you can start the mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic