Litchi Waypoint Mission DAT File

Reaction score
Flying missions beyond controller signal, I wanted to be able to plot the mission, including the missing out of range segment. When I download a dat file for a normal flight the GPS data is there, however on a waypoint mission flight the gps fields are all zeros. Missions completed perfectly ... any ideas, am I missing something ??

Flying missions beyond controller signal, I wanted to be able to plot the mission, including the missing out of range segment. When I download a dat file for a normal flight the GPS data is there, however on a waypoint mission flight the gps fields are all zeros. Missions completed perfectly ... any ideas, am I missing something ??

If you’re referring to a .DAT file that doesn’t have any GPS data then it’s probably because it’s a .DAT that doesn’t contain an actual flight. It can be tricky choosing the right .DAT since a .DAT is created every time the battery is turned on.

It's easy to select the file, as the create time is unique, and there are none created after. The flights and associated .DAT files created during a P-GPS flight contain full gps data (when opened in DatCon), and may be plotted as KML etc. The .DAT files created during a waypoint mission appear to contain only 0s in the gps fields..

It's easy to select the file, as the create time is unique, and there are none created after. The flights and associated .DAT files created during a P-GPS flight contain full gps data (when opened in DatCon), and may be plotted as KML etc. The .DAT files created during a waypoint mission appear to contain only 0s in the gps fields..
Could you provide a .DAT where you think this has happened?

It's OK .... it worked this time, I flew in P-Mode before launching the mission. All data was recorded, and when converted in DatCon I could view the track in Google Earth ... Is there a way the .CSV file can be converted for use with Airdata ?? other than manually pasting the data columns .. the .DAT file can be downloaded Dropbox - FLY103.DAT

.... Is there a way the .CSV file can be converted for use with Airdata ?? other than manually pasting the data columns .. ....
Sorry, that's not possible. But, I think maybe AirData will accept the .csv log generated directly by Litchi.

Yes it will ...but it contains less than half of the mission data :(
It's been a while since I've used either AirData or Litchi. But, I'm thinking that the Litchi .csv log pretty much has all the data that AirData can process. What data can be presented by AirData but is not in the Litchi .csv log?

I shouldn't say it's impossible to convert the DatCon generated .csv to acceptable AirData input. It's just, AFAIK, such a converter doesn't exist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues