Litchi underestimating waypoint flight time

Reaction score
I've been running Litchi missions on a P3S, all working 100% but I did 5 slightly different missions earlier today and all were completed in less time than the mission planner said. ie, the 5th flight the mission planner said 16 minutes total but the flight completed in 12 minutes. No sections were skipped, winds were light and the mission profile involved circuits of my house (so wind direction shouldn't have had much influence). Anyone else seen similar? Obviously, it's FAR better for Litchi to err on the side of caution.

Also, is it possible to explicitly define the gimbal pitch for either the entire flight, or for each waypoint? I'd ideally like to re-run these missions to produce a time-lapse and I need to make the view as near to identical as possible between missions when re-flown.

Update to my own post:

I've flown 6 more missions and they're all coming in around 20%-25% less flight time than predicted by Litchi. Not a problem but I'd be curious if others experience the same.

The 2nd question I asked is a feature of the gimbal setting (see interpolate) and can be set manually.

Loving getting to know Litchi.

My missions generally complete fairly close to the estimated time once they are actually executed/ commenced and not counting the time to get there before loading it up. Must admit though that I have never actually timed them but seat of the pants suggests it's close enough and I never exceed 12 mins duration in any case for the usual reasons. As for preparing a mission to record a time lapse record, have you tried just using a number of POIs and set your gimbal to 'focus on POI'? I have a favourite mission that I have run dozens of times over the local lake and forest to record the changing seasons and it works fine with probably half a dozen POIs to capture the parts I'm interested in. Nice smooth transition between each POI and each trip is identical.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl