Litchi Panorama Drift (P3SE)

Reaction score
I've googled it and found that other people had issues last year... but I haven't found any recently. What the heck! My drone drifts a few dozen meters every time I try to do a panorama, and they end up useless.

I'm using the iOS with latest firmware for the drone and latest Litchi version.

Is there a better app to use, because this is killing me. Drone Pan won't connect, Hangar 360 won't connect. I can't find an automated panorama shooter. Anyone have one that will work with the Phantom 3 SE? I'm desperate!

Reactions: 57thsampson
I've googled it and found that other people had issues last year... but I haven't found any recently. What the heck! My drone drifts a few dozen meters every time I try to do a panorama, and they end up useless.
Is there a better app to use, because this is killing me. Drone Pan won't connect, Hangar 360 won't connect. I can't find an automated panorama shooter. Anyone have one that will work with the Phantom 3 SE? I'm desperate!
Why use any additional app?
It's faster and it's simpler to shoot a panorama manually than with any additional app.
I've tried 3rd party apps for panoramas and they all were annoying slow and complicated.
I shoot panoramas a lot and just use DJI Go4 and do it manually.
Here are two examples:
136-78a-X3.jpg

Or if you want the full 360 .... look at this one
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

@Meta4
Pretty Good Man!

Rod

Added: I should report you for being a show off.

There were issues with Litchi a couple of updates ago, whereby, in my case and others, the drone would drift about before finally switching into atti mode and wandering off. This has since been resolved and my P4 moves between 100-200mm in a reasonable breeze and my panos turn out fine. Just had a look at the sky pixel offering from @Meta4 and clearly I've got nothing.
You've probably already checked, but have you just used the GO app and hovered at your pano height to see if it is stable to confirm its not an IMU issue or similar? If it's not stable using the GO app, it probably won't be using Litchi. I'm using iOS 11.2 and the latest SW and FW updates and having no issues, although I have read of some app connectivity problems for some with the latest iOS upgrade.

Why use any additional app?
It's faster and it's simpler to shoot a panorama manually than with any additional app.
I've tried 3rd party apps for panoramas and they all were annoying slow and complicated.
I shoot panoramas a lot and just use DJI Go4 and do it manually.
Here are two examples:
136-78a-X3.jpg

Or if you want the full 360 .... look at this one
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

That's a great picture! As to why use an app- I mean, I guess because I bought the app for it's wide range of useful and easy-to-use tools, it would be nice if I could use them all correctly.

I'm trying to build up a toolbox of useful photo and video tricks to build a portfolio for marketing myself. I want to be able to hit settings and have it shoot on it's own and know what I'm getting. It would more precise, require less from me, and possible save battery by using the flight time more efficiently. I could use the time to plan the next shots. However, I have had great luck shooting manual panos. It's not hard especially when I use gridlines for ~30% overlap- but it takes a little longer, for me anyway.

There were issues with Litchi a couple of updates ago, whereby, in my case and others, the drone would drift about before finally switching into atti mode and wandering off. This has since been resolved and my P4 moves between 100-200mm in a reasonable breeze and my panos turn out fine. Just had a look at the sky pixel offering from @Meta4 and clearly I've got nothing.
You've probably already checked, but have you just used the GO app and hovered at your pano height to see if it is stable to confirm its not an IMU issue or similar? If it's not stable using the GO app, it probably won't be using Litchi. I'm using iOS 11.2 and the latest SW and FW updates and having no issues, although I have read of some app connectivity problems for some with the latest iOS upgrade.

Thanks, yeah I've checked the GO app. I just got this drone a few weeks ago. I've used the GO app fairly successfully, despite network noise in the area I haven't had any issues I couldn't resolve.

I think it might be an issue with this model being 'SE'. I can't find any documentation to say so, but I see a lot of "Supports Phantom 3 Standard, 4K, and Professional" but no verbage for 'SE'.... I have a hunch that's the issue with connecting with other apps like Hangar 360 and Drone Pan. I might try another forum here.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
It is my understanding that DJI does not provide a SDK for the P3 SE, ERGO Litchi has nothing to go on. Am I correct?

Reactions: Meta4
It is my understanding that DJI does not provide a SDK for the P3 SE, ERGO Litchi has nothing to go on. Am I correct?

That's what I found out this morning... Now I'm pretty upset that I bought this instead of something DJI actually supported... :/

Litchi panorama mode works with all versions of P3. The problem is that panorama mode only works in “s” or “a” mode, which leads to excessive drift. Still takes surprisingly good panoramas except the drift can carry you into obstacles. Litchi works better with the P4 as it allows the app to work in FPV mode, where there is no drift.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj