Litchi Mission convert to google earth.

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I hate to make a new thread!
I haven't found another option yet.

I build my mission with the hub, then check for obvious mistakes with in google earth.
This is the tool I was using from this thread.
Litchi CSV to KML tool

Anybody got an alternative program / option?

Rod

Last edited:
I've never used the mission hub as often I'll find somewhere interesting to fly and build the mission in the app. Batch edit with settings relative to ground and I'm off. I'll set my first WP 20 mtrs above the highest obstacle and let the app do the rest.

Reactions: RodPad
I do the opposite. I get everything right when I have plenty of time on the laptop .
I rarely change anything on the tablet in the field too easy to make a mistake (big famer fingers and pretty average eyesight ! )
I Only have 5-10% tree cover so I plot between the trees where I can for extra safety .A bit different from where you are tevek and Rod:)
I don't have a P4 but will the OA save you from rising ground while on a mission . An off topic question but I have always wondered.

Reactions: RodPad
@The Springs
Hey guy you are the one that give me the original link. :rolleyes:

What you stated is not clear since you make you missions in Google Earth then convert them to Litchi, correct?

I guess I will look at that direction again and see if I can make it work with my mind set. ;)

Both of you thanks for your reply.

Rod

I do the opposite. I get everything right when I have plenty of time on the laptop .
I rarely change anything on the tablet in the field too easy to make a mistake (big famer fingers and pretty average eyesight ! )
I Only have 5-10% tree cover so I plot between the trees where I can for extra safety .A bit different from where you are tevek and Rod:)
I don't have a P4 but will the OA save you from rising ground while on a mission . An off topic question but I have always wondered.
Someone posted up a video of OA working when transversing a field of trees and fences but I suspect that the drone won't take into account varying terrain. It will fly at whatever height and direction you set the mission for. Could be wrong but my P4 gave me a few close calls on a few missions until I learnt my lesson.

Well its working now, at least on the work computer.

Rod

Rod,

I know this is an old thread, but have you seen the software called Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM)? I found it a couple of days ago and it is PERFECT for planning/flying Litchi missions. It will fly the mission in Google Earth with camera moments, heading etc. It was a huge time saver for my Litchi missions. His software is on the Mavic Forum... Hope this helps.

Cheers

Reactions: BigAl07 and RodPad
Thanks, and Welcome to the Forum!

I do recall somebody had posted that here, because I remember following it to the Mavic Forum. Since Litchi has a KLM 3D download now that works pretty good for me.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl