Litchi Flight Phantom 4 A Did Not Return

The thread I am referring to is called "Drone Deploy" in the mapping section and the reference post is by "Harleydude" on the second page...It sounds a lot like what happened here...
If this is it thanks, good info: Drone Deploy
Still not the one I was looking for. :)

Rod

You will need to upload the .dat file to a sharable site such as Dropbox, Google Drive etc...and share a link back here. They are too large to directly upload here. Instructions for the .dat can be found here: Retrieve a V3 Dat

Not having any luck with DJI Assistant...it connects to my p4p but after 5 mins or so it says "Failed to get log list"! I've tried 3 different cables and reinstalled dji assistant with no luck. Will try on a PC Thursday.

In the meantime here is a link to the Litchi flight on Airdata...I can't see anything obvious??

Found it.
Wasn't even a month old. :)
Phantom 4 Advanced - Almost Fly Away in High Winds. Keen for an expert to look at flight data.

So, why was I looking for it, they are mostly P4's and seem to be all Hardware related.

I only looked at the first three pages of ten. :rolleyes:
Search results for query: zero satellites

New P4P not acquiring satellites
Drone Deploy
Fly away
Don't RTH - P4P 2.0
LOST DRONE!
Worst flight ever with p4p I'm still shaking, no control but got it landed
GPS signal losing

I hope this is good information for somebody..... ;)

Rod

@T Dogg ....There is nothing wrong with this flight. Are you sure it is not one that completed? Sure looks like it to me. No errors, No Gps loss, No signal loss.....

1572991596247.png

Reactions: T Dogg
@T Dogg ....There is nothing wrong with this flight. Are you sure it is not one that completed? Sure looks like it to me. No errors, No Gps loss, No signal loss.....

View attachment 115429

Ahh, the other flight is showing errors but on the log is says 2:45pm about the time I completed the 1st two video flights, the log I sent before says 3:04pm around the time I was having no control...Heres the link, thanks again

@T Dogg ....Same story with this flight, until signal loss. The only way to know what happened after that is to view the .dat. Everything looks fine here, best I can see.

1572993455197.png

@T Dogg .... Neither of these is a flight. There is no motor start in either one. You have to know that each time the aircraft is powered on a new .dat is started. The .txt and Litchi .csv logs begin at motor start. These appear to be power on's only.

@T Dogg .... Neither of these is a flight. There is no motor start in either one. You have to know that each time the aircraft is powered on a new .dat is started. The .txt and Litchi .csv logs begin at motor start. These appear to be power on's only.
@Fly Dawg, I thought that was it, will find out more tomorrow. Sorry about that, appreciate your time..

Heres the link with the latest DAT files...
Will get to them when I can. It takes longer to download than to analyze at times.

@T Dogg This flight from FLY292 is the same from your Airdata in Post#26. The flight looks perfectly normal, until you initiated RTH @~1390 Seconds. 4 seconds later the data stops. It is possible that the on board memory became full and another DAT was started. Unless there was another issue that is not apparent here, unfortunately. See if you have a FLY293 DAT. If not, or if that one is not relavent to this flight. Then there was some sort of anomoly after you initiated RTH. There are no errors at all.

1573227255673.png

@T Dogg This flight from FLY292 is the same from your Airdata in Post#26. The flight looks perfectly normal, until you initiated RTH @~1390 Seconds. 4 seconds later the data stops. It is possible that the on board memory became full and another DAT was started. Unless there was another issue that is not apparent here, unfortunately. See if you have a FLY293 DAT. If not, or if that one is not relavent to this flight. Then there was some sort of anomoly after you initiated RTH. There are no errors at all.

View attachment 115483
Thanks again @Fly Dawg, well good to here there are no errors or maybe better if it showed the reason for the anomaly after I initiated the RTH. So I'm guessing Litchi may have had a glitch that stopped the drone returning if there are no errors on the drone?

I will check for FLY293 file when I get home but I'm fairly sure the files I uploaded to Google Drive were all that I had from that day, November the 3rd. I will get back to you later on...

I will check for FLY293 file when I get home but I'm fairly sure the files I uploaded to Google Drive were all that I had from that day, November the 3rd.
I neglected to go back and check your uploads. FLY293 is there and indeed it appears that it is a continuation of the flight. Again here there are absolutely no signs of any issue's. The aircraft returned to home normally as it should have. The flight you are attempting to describe must be another file. It is not one of these.

1573244373643.png

I neglected to go back and check your uploads. FLY293 is there and indeed it appears that it is a continuation of the flight. Again here there are absolutely no signs of any issue's. The aircraft returned to home normally as it should have. The flight you are attempting to describe must be another file. It is not one of these.

View attachment 115484
Thanks @Fly Dawg, No other files from that day, the newer ones are very small files and dated from the past few days where I've switched the drone on to get the DAT files.

Even though it shows no errors I can't understand why it would not cancel the Litchi orbit mission? I've updated to the latest Litchi software and will try the orbit mission this weekend if the weather stays good...fingers crossed.

Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated, have a great weekend Fly Dawg.

Even though it shows no errors I can't understand why it would not cancel the Litchi orbit mission? I've updated to the latest Litchi software and will try the orbit mission this weekend if the weather stays good...fingers crossed.
Good luck to you. ?

Several thoughts. Without gps connection on the drone, Litchi is useless. It relies on the drone’s gps. Someone may want to comment on what, if anything Litchi does when the drone it is flying looses gps connection.

If Litchi quits, and there is no gps still, the drone should drop into ATTI mode. It will then drift with the wind until you attempt to fly it somewhere. If a 2nd failure has caused the connection between the controller fail, the drone would attempt to fly home using RTH. This won’t work without gps, so the drone will just drift with the wind until it runs outvofvbattery.
the correct logs off the ac will answer these questions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1