Litchi destroyed my PS3

I posted this scenario on litchi's group and they have added this to help section

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I posted this scenario on litchi's group and they have added this to help section

I'm not seeing it at Help - Litchi Is there another help section? Wait maybe it's "When initiated the aircraft will first rise to 6m altitude if it is below that threshold, then proceed to the first waypoint in a direct path. Make sure there are no obstacles between the aircraft's initial location and the first waypoint. "

Wish they would add the just make the first waypoint at your take off spot.

Wish they would add the just make the first waypoint at your take off spot.

For all practical purposes it is. Wherever you hit Play is where it takes of from. Do you know how to regain control and stop Litchi?

I would assume your first way-point was in site? If you see it heading that direction you should flip it back to pilot control.

I normally manually raise my elevation to about the height of my first waypoint before I hit play.

For all practical purposes it is. Wherever you hit Play is where it takes of from. Do you know how to regain control and stop Litchi?

I would assume your first way-point was in site? If you see it heading that direction you should flip it back to pilot control.

I normally manually raise my elevation to about the height of my first waypoint before I hit play.
I'm really into 100% autonomy. I absolutely want the thing to automatically take off do a set mission and land on its own.

Bad idea, as you found out.

As long as I set first Waypoint to take off spot with a high attitude I should be fine.

The camera wires keep coming out after the crash so I need to take it to a shop that can get them in further than I can. Then this time I'll test Litchi at a park.

100% autonomy is fine. Just need to set your way-points correctly. If you made your home point way-point #1 you would have had the same exact issue you had when it headed for way-point 2. TREE !

Operator error and live and learn. Now you know. Just set way-point 1 above your home-point to a safe elevation and go.

When I take off I am always ready to flip back to pilot control as I could have messed up my mission setup. Always be prepared to abort your mission :)

Reactions: dirkclod
100% autonomy is fine. Just need to set your way-points correctly. If you made your home point way-point #1 you would have had the same exact issue you had when it headed for way-point 2. TREE !

Operator error and live and learn. Now you know. Just set way-point 1 above your home-point to a safe elevation and go.

When I take off I am always ready to flip back to pilot control as I could have messed up my mission setup. Always be prepared to abort your mission :)
Even if I set the attitude for each waypoint at 390ft? I got the impression setting WP1 at takeoff point and attitude at 390ft would have it fly diagonally say 5ft horizionatally to 390ft vertically.

If your way-point was 5 feet from your home-point then you would be correct. But 5 feet horizontal and 390 feet up is basically straight up.

I personally do not hit the play button until I have launched manually and am at safe height.

All comes down to knowing it flies a line between wherever you hit play an WP1.

Btw. The hot coffee lawsuit that became a mokery of the US legal system around the world was with a well know hamburger franchise not Starbucks. Good for sdharris he lives in England so Starbucks is less likely to sue him for defamation Just lovin' it ☺
I'm off topic, but we're here to get informed and to inform.
The infamous Hot Coffee lawsuit was not frivolous as corporations would have you think. I challenge you to keep your opinion on the case after you watch this short video based on the case.....

If your way-point was 5 feet from your home-point then you would be correct. But 5 feet horizontal and 390 feet up is basically straight up.

I personally do not hit the play button until I have launched manually and am at safe height.

All comes down to knowing it flies a line between wherever you hit play an WP1.

Look, quit trying to explain this with mumbo jumbo language and sorcery...... just use small words and logic :p

I'm not seeing it at Help - Litchi Is there another help section? Wait maybe it's "When initiated the aircraft will first rise to 6m altitude if it is below that threshold, then proceed to the first waypoint in a direct path. Make sure there are no obstacles between the aircraft's initial location and the first waypoint. "

Wish they would add the just make the first waypoint at your take off spot.[/Q
I always create my first waypoint a the bird with a good altitude. then create my route when using Litchi.

Sounds like you destroyed your quad.

I'm in a happy mood now. Able to spy on the intersection from bed with the standard. I wish DJI would just hurry up and make this thing fool proof. Seriously autotakeoff and do waypoints = awesome :)

no such thing as fool proof!

been a tech for 30 years now and no matter what is tried to make things fool proof/simple etc.
The end user always finds a way around it that.
Sometimes the user just needs to stop and think and look AHEAD a few steps and ask what can happen if I do this?
If you don't know, research!

I would not say Litchi destroyed your P3 , It was more user error, even DJI ground station operates that way since the p2 and is well discussed in forums. With that said I feel for your loss.

Good luck and have fun flying!

Thank god I bought a backup drone. Too bad my backup is a standard. Oh well. Litchi decided to go to waypoint at 25 ft into a tree crashing into my car ripping gimbal completely off breaking props even though I had guards. The attitude I set was 390ft. I was doing autotake out then auto go to waypoint.

I bet you did not fly it first in an open area to test what is does and does not do/or how it does things, before setting off on a real mission... And your first reaction is to blame Litchi?

You simply programmed it incorrectly. Sorry for your loss though, is horrible especially when it is your fault.

Reactions: ViperNuke
Sorry for your loss, but regardless of whos app it was, doing way point flying with out understanding it would have brought you the same results. Also you could have prevented it had you know more about your controls. When you saw it heading to the tree flipping the GPS to ATTI and back to GPS fast would have caused it to stop and hover or allowed you to change course. From ground to first way point is a straight line. If you have objects in the way change the first way point to 3-6 ft. from your ground point and set the altitude to there. the second way is to take off gain altitude then set the way points then hit go.

Wasn't Litchi's fault, this one was between the head and the controller.

Reactions: Stephan
Pilot error !! Most definitely shouldn't blame litchi for your mistake. I almost did the same thing with my p2v+ when I first tried it. I took over from my backyard which is a wide open space nothing behind me but horse farms and open fields. However I didn't think about my 6ft fence and was about 6 inches from clipping the top of it as it went out to the first waypoint. But thanks for posting this so others can learn and I'm sorry that your bird got damaged. Good luck!!

Reactions: Stephan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4