Drone comitted suicide, warranty?

xxx

Reaction score
Hi all and help please,
I figured I would ask here before contacting dji regarding warranty due to a malfunction.

I was flying through a forest, narrow sensing assign to c2 button. p4p stopped due to obstacle, narrow sensing wouldn't react, height 5 ft, distance about 200ft. Couldn't get the p4p to move. Battery dropped below 30%. Pressed and released c2 button several times. Nothing. So I turned off the obstacle avoidance in the go app menu. Then I could move the drone, flew past the obstacle and turned it around to fly home. That's when the auto RTH countdown started, I tried to land within 7 seconds. Drone wouldn't react. Then the p4p decided to commit suicide: it took off in the opposite direction at high speed and crashed into a tree.

If the p4p doesn't react, is it my fault? I uploaded the flight record.txt here:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I couldn't figure out where to upload the .dat file so I attached it to this post.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ps. "you shouldn't fly in a forest" comments will be no help. Have done so many times before and got some of my best footage that way.

Attachments

• 18-11-09-03-07-34_FLY194.DAT
    4.8 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Reactions: Hounddog
It did not take off in the opposite of its own accord - it did so because you applied full reverse elevator at 755.7 seconds, 1.6 seconds after it switched to RTH. It appears to me as if you panicked, because you pulled back on both sticks when you tried to make it land. That crash was pilot error.

Graph1.png

DatCon info
introduction
CsvView and DatCon are free offline apps that provide the means to analyze log files produced by the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, Spark, and Mavic Pro drones. To use one, or both, of these apps just download and install on your PC, Mac or Linux machine.
DatCon was developed and distributed starting in January 2016. CsvView is still being developed with distribution starting in June 2016. Many DatCon users will find that CsvView has the features they neeed as well as being easier to use than DatCon.
CsvView
CsvView addresses some of the limitations of DatCon. CsvView provides the means to visualize log files data via graphs and a Google Earth like viewer. CsvView can accept these log file types
  • .txt file produced by the DJI Go App.
  • .DAT from the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, and Mavic Pro
  • Litchi tablet app
  • Autologic tablet app
  • FPV tablet app
DatCon
DatCon reads the .DAT from a Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, and Mavic Pro and produces output files that can then be used by CsvView, Excel, Dashware, and Google Earth.
Check out the newest DJI Drone Help website here.
Report a Bug
Report a bug by sending email to [email protected].

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20