Litchi destroyed my PS3

Reaction score
Thank god I bought a backup drone. Too bad my backup is a standard. Oh well. Litchi decided to go to waypoint at 25 ft into a tree crashing into my car ripping gimbal completely off breaking props even though I had guards. The attitude I set was 390ft. I was doing autotake out then auto go to waypoint.

Doesnt the quad fly diagonal upwards to the 1st homepoint? ie its not going to go straight up to 390ft then move to the home point. Anything in the way will get hit.

It used to do this with waypoints for the Vision 2 quads.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sorry to hear about your loss. That is not a pleasant thing to experience, but yeah, you need plenty of space to begin these auto maneuvers.

RedHotPoker

Let me guess- you thought auto takeoff would rise to 390ft then head to WP1?

Instead, it rose to 25ft then rose at an angle towards 390 hitting the tree?

Litchi probably should have described the auto takeoff behavior more precisely in the manual. I would never trust auto takeoff without specifically know how it handled the 1st wp.

Doesnt the quad fly diagonal upwards to the 1st homepoint? ie its not going to go straight up to 390ft then move to the home point. Anything in the way will get hit.

It used to do this with waypoints for the Vision 2 quads.
I didn't realize it was doing that when I did a similar auto take off from about the same spot. Stupid app should tell me stuff like that.

Let me guess- you thought auto takeoff would rise to 390ft then head to WP1?

Instead, it rose to 25ft then rose at an angle towards 390 hitting the tree?

Litchi probably should have described the auto takeoff behavior more precisely in the manual. I would never trust auto takeoff without specifically know how it handled the 1st wp.
Yea being a new flier I thought the developer of Litchi would know that newbs like me would think it would go to set attitude first.

. Stupid app .
blank stare.png
..ya think

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I didn't realize it was doing that when I did a similar auto take off from about the same spot. Stupid app should tell me stuff like that.
No offense, but when you have something over $1k in the air, instructions for anything 3rd party software should be read and read again so issues like this wont happen. Even the instructions for the official dji app should be read a few times.

How did they used to refer to that suggestion, in the olden days of RCing? Oh yeah, "RTFM". . . ;-)

RedHotPoker

^ I was being tactful in my reply lol

^ I was being tactful in my reply lol
I'm in a happy mood now. Able to spy on the intersection from bed with the standard. I wish DJI would just hurry up and make this thing fool proof. Seriously autotakeoff and do waypoints = awesome :)

Thank god I bought a backup drone. Too bad my backup is a standard. Oh well. Litchi decided to go to waypoint at 25 ft into a tree crashing into my car ripping gimbal completely off breaking props even though I had guards. The attitude I set was 390ft. I was doing autotake out then auto go to waypoint.

This is one reason why DJI GO app let you fly the route first by yourself.

If it had just got to attitude first like for return to home this would not be an issue.
Waypoint on p2v+ with stock DJI app work in the same way. It has been written and re written to place the first waypoint over phantom take off point if you would like to auto take off or first manually fly at altitude then start the mission. Sorry for what happened but before use apps or new feature pay attention to read how they work.

It's the same old story, over and over again...
image.jpeg

Before you take her up, get well acquainted. With the documentation.
We can't feed you the pertinent info, like our favorite pablum.
You need to... rtfm.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: saltire
This is one reason why DJI GO app let you fly the route first by yourself.
You can still come a cropper if you're not careful. GO waypoints will still fly a straight line from activation to waypoint 1, so if you flew the test route by flying up then out above an obstacle, you can still smack into it on the third side of the triangle when flying on auto. Same thing flying horizontal around an obstacle. If you don't set a waypoint at each course change it will end in tears [emoji24]

Reactions: Cyclone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl